• jiggs

Joined Travelfish
    4th January, 2008

Day 1 - Ha Long
    Day 2 - Hue
    Day 3 and 4- Hoi an
    Day 5 - Dalat
    Day 6 - HCMC

do you have any bus schedules for (esp night time) for this route?

#1 Posted: 10/8/2009 - 11:31

• Advertisement

• BruceMoon

Click here to learn more about BruceMoon
    Joined Travelfish
    27th December, 2008
    Location Australia
    Total reviews: 6

jiggs

While there are local buses for this route, they are not what most tourists use.

Instead, tourists use buses from companies especially set up to service the tourism industry.

I'd suggest you go look at any of those companies. My personal experience suggests you'd be wise to look at:

www.sinhcafevn.com.

And, if you want to book through any of their offices, make sure you go to the correct one. They have recently changed their 'name' to TheSinhTourist. Why? because in Vietnam anyone can copy a tradename, and in HaNoi (especially) there were literally dozens of copycat offices (which says much about the reputation).

You can choose to buy an Open Tour bus ticket for the whole length and hop on/off as you please, or buy individual legs at your leisure.

Go here for a list of prices & departure times for the open tour...

http://www.sinhcafevn.com/Open_Tour.asp

Cheers

Each of these locations has a day bus, and oThe route you are taking is largely

#2 Posted: 10/8/2009 - 12:06

• jiggs

Joined Travelfish
    4th January, 2008

hey Bruce! thanks for the info! so helpful. another option me and my friends are looking at is to take the train.

#3 Posted: 10/8/2009 - 12:27

• BruceMoon

Click here to learn more about BruceMoon
    Joined Travelfish
    27th December, 2008
    Location Australia
    Total reviews: 6

jiggs

The train is a little more expensive.

You MUST get pre-paid tickets (as far in advance as you can). The train stations aren't that helpful for tourists, so many use their accommodation or a travel agent. As the Vietnamese will tack on any price they think they can get away with, check a few places for best price.

For train schedules have a look at:

http://www.travelfish.org/board/post/vietnam/7048_quick-chart-for-vietnam-railways-schedule---prices

Cheers

#4 Posted: 10/8/2009 - 12:57

• jiggs

Joined Travelfish
    4th January, 2008

thanks again Bruce! :-)

#5 Posted: 10/8/2009 - 13:42

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.