Flag of Vietnam

Vietnam forum

Visa Extension Issue

• csw

Joined Travelfish
    10th July, 2009

Posted from within Vietnam.

Help!

We got our vietnam visa in phnom penh and for various reasons only got a 15 day category D visa.

We tried to get an extension in hoi an but they said it can only be done in hanoi. Now we are in Hanoi and are being quoted $65 and have been told that it will take 5 days.

Our visa runs out on saturday 15th, the travel agent assures us that as long as we have applied for an extension we are entitled to stay whilst it is processed despite this meaning that we have over-run our initial visa.

Can anyone confirm that this is the case and whether $65 is a fair price.

Thanks

#1 Posted: 13/8/2009 - 21:59

• Advertisement

• anhluc

Joined Travelfish
    15th May, 2009

The $65 seems a bit high, maybe they are picking-up on your sense of urgency and trying to exploit the situation.

You will be alright to stay. My daughter went in on a 30 day visa, and stayed 11 weeks. Somewhere along the line, well after the initial visa expired, she got a new one. I traveled back home with her and there were no problems at the airport when we were trying to leave, and I don't recall them even blinking an eye over the lapse of visa coverage.

#2 Posted: 14/8/2009 - 04:56

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Can i get a visa extension on a 30day tourist visa without leaving the country? ... By swenglishdan on 31 Dec 2006 5 5182 4 Nov 2012