Flag of Vietnam

Vietnam forum

SEA trip - start in Hanoi or Bangkok?

• hbkiwi

Joined Travelfish
    18th August, 2009

My husband and I will be travelling through SEA from mid Oct - mid Dec . . from what I have read (re weather conditions etc) it seems that it would be best to start out in Hanoi in mid Oct and make our way back down through Vietnam Cambodia Laos then finish up in Thailand . . . any advice would be greatly appreciated - Thanks

#1 Posted: 18/8/2009 - 14:52

• Advertisement

• BruceMoon

Click here to learn more about BruceMoon
    Joined Travelfish
    27th December, 2008
    Location Australia
    Total reviews: 6

kiwi

Ah, the weather - that fickle friend!

The key here, I suggest is VN. That is because Cambodia, Laos and Thailand are usually ideal from November onwards.

I understand October is a cusp season for VN. It's the start of the winter monsoon in the north (north of Nha Trang) and the end of the summer wet of the south.

So, with some hesitation, I'd suggest starting in haNoi.

Cheers

#2 Posted: 19/8/2009 - 05:54

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Motor Biking Hanoi to Sapa...in Hanoi 8/2/11, will start trip any time after that. Any Takers? ... By travellite on 7 Feb 2011 1 1888 13 Feb 2011