Flag of Vietnam

Vietnam forum

Halong Bay private charter?

• sdl68

Joined Travelfish
    16th July, 2009

Hi

I will be going to Halong Bay simply for photography and so Im not really interested in the typical two and three day packages on a junk boat.

Would it be possible to hire someone with a small boat that would take me out to some scenic areas for a couple hours in the evening light or early morning light?

Would this be more probable if I stay at Cat Ba or should I stay on the mainland and try and find someone there.

any info would be appreciated

#1 Posted: 26/8/2009 - 06:20

• Advertisement

• rebeccafarr-
    ent

Joined Travelfish
    2nd May, 2009

Hi,

My husband and I were booked one night on board the Pinta Gold and loved it to the bits. The bay is really amazing and the boat just beautiful. We were very lucky to have a very good mix and got the impression that everyone totally enjoyed the trip.

From what I've known, Columbus also offers private tours on one of their smaller boats named Nina Cruiser which is perhaps good for you (http://www.columbuscruise.com/).

We'd never thought of the island when we planned the trip, so can comment nothing on this. Sorry.

Hope this helps.

Rebecca

#2 Posted: 26/8/2009 - 09:06

• BruceMoon

Click here to learn more about BruceMoon
    Joined Travelfish
    27th December, 2008
    Location Australia
    Total reviews: 6

sdl68

Try reading the comments at this post , and the description at this post .

Cheers

#3 Posted: 27/8/2009 - 06:47

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Private Halong tour 31.7-1.8! ... By reale on 22 Jul 2010 0 2266 22 Jul 2010