Flag of Vietnam

Vietnam forum

Hotel near airport HCMC

• Pokol

Joined Travelfish
    26th August, 2009

Hi!

I fly into HCMC on a Saturday at 8pm. I'm looking for an affordable hotel near the airport, since I'm flying again the next day. Can anybody suggest any and if so give me contact details???

Thanks soooo much!

#1 Posted: 3/9/2009 - 17:55

• Advertisement

• BruceMoon

Click here to learn more about BruceMoon
    Joined Travelfish
    27th December, 2008
    Location Australia
    Total reviews: 6

Pokol

I don't know. And, when I read your post, I thought it best to leave to others. But, no-one has answered, so...

Try Agoda (or similar). I tried Agoda and it showed a dozen or so within a couple of kilometers of Ton Son Nhat airport:

http://www.agoda.co.uk//pages/agoda/default/page_landmark.aspx?landmark_id=22332

If this doesn't restart, on the left under the little Saigon map, there is a box with landmarks, click on the link under Airports.

Cheers

#2 Posted: 4/9/2009 - 06:22

• somtam2000

admin
    Click here to learn more about somtam2000
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Total reviews: 24
    Places visited:
    At least 113

It's not a long run from the airport into downtown and for an 8pm arrival I'd be inclined to head into town proper. The only property I've inspected near the airport was the Amara Saigon and at around $100 a night it was way overpriced -- and it was still ten minutes from the airport.

I'm sure there are cheaper places near the airport though -- so if that's what you want to do I'd just grab a cab or motorbike from the airport and tell them you want to go to the closest hotel for under say $20 a night and see what you get.

Sorry can't be more help.

#3 Posted: 4/9/2009 - 07:09

• Caripito

Joined Travelfish
    6th September, 2009
    Location United States

Grabbing a taxi into the city sounds OK to me.
    I just wonder how much is tooo much too pay.
    Being the first time in this part of the world in a very long time, I consider myself a newbie..
    Thank you both for your help

Emery......Caripito.

#4 Posted: 10/9/2009 - 01:20

• AsiaTravelM-
    ag

Joined Travelfish
    15th September, 2009
    Location Australia

Hi

If you truly need to stay near the airport I can recommend both the ParkRoyal Saigon hotel & the Movenpick Hotel Saigon. I would however recommend heading into District 1 as suggested by somtam2000. You will then be able to easily hit the shops and great restaurants early the following morning prior to flying out.

#5 Posted: 15/9/2009 - 17:21

• Pokol

Joined Travelfish
    26th August, 2009

Sorry, I was away and I couldn't get back to this post...

So, ok, I can get into the city...I think I might head directly to Bui Vien St. I don't think I will book any kind of accomodation so even if I get there late, I wil, have plenty of hostels and hotels to choose from. Does this sound good to anyone? Any suggestions? I've been recommended LĂȘ Trung Hotel as a good option on this area...I see people from Travelfish made a review as well.

Also, does anybody know how much should I expect to pay for a taxi from HCMC airport to Bui Vien St.?

Thank you!!!

#6 Posted: 25/9/2009 - 17:00

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Hotel in HCMC close to the airport ... By Mjf on 5 Jun 2012 12 1993 12 Jun 2012