Flag of Vietnam

Vietnam forum

Halong - What Type of Cruise

• ecurry33

Joined Travelfish
    28th August, 2009

Hi all,
    After reading many good things about Columbus Cruises, Red Dragon and several others, I am still confused. I am particularly keen on finding a boat with a cabin to hold 3 people, one that does not anchor next to all the other boats, has kayaking and night fishing, and numerous, sumptuous servings of fresh seafood.

Here is a listing of cruises by category that I found at cruisehalong.com - can anyone help me figure out what the general diffeernces are in the differnet cruise cateogries?

Superior : Oriental Sails | Phoenix cruise | Bai Tu Long junk | Classic Sail | Spice Cruise | Bien Ngoc cruise | An Nam Junk

Deluxe cruises: Lagoon Explorer | Huong Hai cruise | Red Dragon cruise | Pearly Sea cruise | Hai Long cruise | Bai Tho cruise | Jewel of bay | White Dolphin

Luxury cruises: Emotion cruise | Paradise cruise | Victory Star | Ginger cruise | Indochina Sails | Jasmine cruise | Bhaya cruise | Princess cruise | Prince cruise | Emeraude Classic | Victory Cruise

thanks all,
    EC

#1 Posted: 3/9/2009 - 20:46

• Advertisement

• BruceMoon

Click here to learn more about BruceMoon
    Joined Travelfish
    27th December, 2008
    Location Australia
    Total reviews: 6

EC

I haven't a clue.

I do know that each operator will use words to try and make their boat/cruise sound wonderful (that's human).

As to a cabin that sleeps 3 people, I suggest you ask the various operators by email and get your results that way. Also ask them if they offer the kayaking, etc., where they moor overnight - and compare to a map of the area.

As to heaps of servings of 'fresh seafood', if you want (say) steamed whole fish, or prawns, etc., I suggest on that you might be wanting too much.

Cheers

#2 Posted: 4/9/2009 - 04:23

• mscmark

Joined Travelfish
    12th August, 2009

Hi,

We are inclining towards Columbus Tours after Moon's and many others' recommendation.

Initially we want to take the Pinta Gold, but the problem is that we'll meet up with 3 of our friends in Halong bay, so there are 5 of us in total. We just got a reply from the company saying that we'll need 3 cabins as there is no triple cabin on the Pinta Gold and the single one has to pay the supplement of 45$. It's fair but out of our budget anyway.

The other option offered is that we take the Pinta Cruiser instead as the triple cabin is available on the date we want. Well, it seems the best option for us at the moment.

#3 Posted: 4/9/2009 - 10:39

• roynolan

Joined Travelfish
    29th January, 2009

I have found that these are out of my budget as well, and at the moment I am looking into going to Haiphong then trying to charter a boat to get to Hang Dau Go, Hang Bo Nau, Hang Sung Sot and maybe a few others but on a faster boat than a junk, but if anyone has information on this I would be grateful

#4 Posted: 4/9/2009 - 13:01

• roynolan

Joined Travelfish
    29th January, 2009

I have found that these are out of my budget as well, and at the moment I am looking into going to Haiphong then trying to charter a boat to get to Hang Dau Go, Hang Bo Nau, Hang Sung Sot and maybe a few others but on a faster boat than a junk, but if anyone has information on this I would be grateful

#5 Posted: 4/9/2009 - 13:02

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Halong Bay cruise only 15 USD.!! ... By ehmsen on 27 Feb 2014 8 1549 18 Apr 2014
Cristina Cruise, Halong Bay ... By RenaG on 10 Nov 2009 6 10907 17 Oct 2010
Arranging a 3 day cruise from Halong Bay ... By TomSawyer on 10 Jul 2009 19 4560 28 Jul 2009
Halong Bay Cruise for 26 years old couple ... By franz on 31 Mar 2013 1 2028 9 Apr 2013
Arranging a cruise from Halong City? ... By TomSawyer on 1 Jul 2009 3 3637 2 Jul 2009
Booking a halong bay cruise with agoda ... By Jaymo89 on 28 Jul 2014 6 1138 26 Sep 2014
Best itinerary for halong cruise, 2 or 3 nights ... By gingerjoey on 9 Sep 2013 0 1220 9 Sep 2013
Indochina Sails - Luxury cruise in Halong Bay ... By Halongbaycruises on 28 Apr 2009 0 2788 28 Apr 2009