Flag of Vietnam

Vietnam forum

Legit Livitrans?

• justwonderi-
    ng

Joined Travelfish
    12th August, 2009

I was under the impression that all of the private trains to Sapa needed to be booked through an agent or hotel, but I stumbled across this website for Livitrans (www.livitrans.com) which says their head ticketing office is in the Mango Hotel lobby and you can book direct with them.
    Does anyone know if this is legit or is it just Mango Hotel having a go? Their prices seem about right from what I can figure.

#1 Posted: 7/9/2009 - 07:38

• Advertisement

• rebeccafarr-
    ent

Joined Travelfish
    2nd May, 2009

Hi,

We had 2 soft sleeper tickets booked thru Columbus in Hanoi and were transfered straight to the train station on the day back from Halong bay. We were taken to the Mango hotel for a private check-in because as far as we know, it's a separate area for Livitrans.

For train/plane tickets, you can ask any travel companies/hotels to book on your behalf or do it yourself, just a few days in advance.

Hope this helps.

Rebecca

#2 Posted: 7/9/2009 - 13:41

• BruceMoon

Click here to learn more about BruceMoon
    Joined Travelfish
    27th December, 2008
    Location Australia
    Total reviews: 6

justwondering

Please look at this website for details about Livitrans prices.

I note from their description that Livitrains is 'bookable' at any travel agent (as per above) - more detail here .

If the Mango Hotel price is OK, and you are happy, I'd say go for it.

Cheers

#3 Posted: 7/9/2009 - 14:01

• daawgon

Joined Travelfish
    17th April, 2007
    Total reviews: 2

Yes, it's legit. I've been on Livitrans twice (once to Danang and once to Lao Cai ). I can just tell you that this is not the only good service to Lao Cai - many private carriages are just as good, and some are newer and in better condition. I hear that the newest is the Green Train. I've also been on King Express and really liked that a tad better. Really makes little difference where you buy the tickets - I use Adventure Indochina (adventureindochina.com) in Hanoi.

#4 Posted: 9/9/2009 - 01:36

• justwonderi-
    ng

Joined Travelfish
    12th August, 2009

OK, thanks guys. My initial preference was for King Express actually so thanks Daawgon.

#5 Posted: 9/9/2009 - 04:46

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.