Flag of Vietnam

Vietnam forum

Storing luggage in Ha Noi

• wanderlust13

Joined Travelfish
    26th June, 2009

Posted from within Vietnam.

Hi Travelfishers!

I'm arriving in Ha Noi today and in a few days will be doing a Halong Bay tour. I'd like to store my suitcase somewhere and go to the bay with just a backpack.

Any suggestions on a safe place to store my luggage? Would the hotel I'm staying at be an appropriate, safe location? (I'm returning to Hanoi after Halong Bay, so I can always stay there again if that guarantees bag safety.)

Many thanks!
    Anna

#1 Posted: 7/9/2009 - 09:21

• Advertisement

• BruceMoon

Click here to learn more about BruceMoon
    Joined Travelfish
    27th December, 2008
    Location Australia
    Total reviews: 6

Anna

Many people arrange with hotel/GH to leave bags (myself included). While every 'provider' promises to look after your bags, and do their best to keep their promise, at the end of the day you (not they) are liable. So, anything of value should be taken with you.

Often the hotel/GH has a special room for storage, which is sort of secure. If you are concerned, ask to see what is being offered as the bag storage area. If you have concerns, you might have to lug it. If so, you're going to be picked up by mini-bus, dropped at the wharf (and return), so while annoying, it's no big deal to take (if your bag storage option drops out).

Cheers

#2 Posted: 7/9/2009 - 13:54

• wanderlust13

Joined Travelfish
    26th June, 2009

Posted from within Vietnam.

Thanks Brucemoon. That's really helpful!

#3 Posted: 9/9/2009 - 08:12

• violets

Joined Travelfish
    6th July, 2009
    Total reviews: 28

I often leave my bag in a hotel room. Once by mistake I even left quite a bit of money in it. I do lock it though. I once shared a hotel room with somebody's left luggage. Mind you I was perfectly trustworthy so perhaps the hotel were right to leave it with me.

#4 Posted: 10/9/2009 - 15:47

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Storing Luggage Options ... By dmaniel_2000 on 26 May 2010 3 1979 13 Jul 2010
Storing Luggage Options ... By dmaniel_2000 on 26 May 2010 4 1490 6 Jun 2010
storing luggage in bangkok, any ideas? ... By cyndi on 30 Nov 2007 4 5045 9 Jan 2008