Flag of Vietnam

Vietnam forum

Any thoughts on my itinerary

• jclarkson

Joined Travelfish
    10th September, 2009

So I think I've decided on a lose itinerary.

Saigon (day or two for Chu Chi and the Delta)

This is the part I really would like some tips on is what to hit in central Vietnam. I want to see the DMZ and do Nha Trang, maybe Hue or Hoi An as well, any advice about how long it takes to get aroudn that area and peoples thoughts on the locations would be greatly appreciated.

Then Hanoi, Ha Long bay, fly to Vientiene go to VV for tubing then back to Saigon and home

#1 Posted: 15/9/2009 - 09:02

• Advertisement

• violets

Joined Travelfish
    6th July, 2009
    Total reviews: 28

I think you need more than a day or two for Saigon and the Mekong. You can do a one day trip to the Mekong but a 3 day one works better if you really want to get an idea of the area. I think Saigon deserves a couple of days on its own.

How long do you intend to spend altogether? I think more time in fewer places works best. And what do you like to do? Personally I don't much like Nha Trang but love Hue. Have a look at the info on this and other sites to see what might work for you.

#2 Posted: 15/9/2009 - 10:17

• daflj

Joined Travelfish
    28th August, 2008
    Total reviews: 4

I'd agree with violets - unless you're set on doing some scuba then Nha Trang isn't that exciting. I loved Hoi An so I'd try and spend a couple of days there (and there's also a really nice beach a cycle ride away from Hoi An so you don't have to miss out on the beach if you choose to miss Nha Trang).

Hue was also really interesting - I spent 2 days there and could easily have spent a couple more.

#3 Posted: 15/9/2009 - 18:14

• jclarkson

Joined Travelfish
    10th September, 2009

I had heard Nha Trang was a ton of fun and a great party scene. Hue is definitely high on my list because of all the great history, how would you compare Hoi An and Hue because I will probably only have time to do one of the two.

Thanks,

Josh

#4 Posted: 16/9/2009 - 00:06

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.