• duck

Joined Travelfish
    23rd September, 2009

hi board ! my first entry...

Me (26) and my girlfriend (24) will come to Vietnam on
    15.01. 15h40 - Hanoi
    and back
    28.01. 20h25 - Saigon

i checked with her for the follow trip. (Backpackers)
    Now it's u to help me how to do this way in this 13 days.
    The way we wanna do is;

Hanoi - Sapa
    Sapa - hanoi
    Hanoi - Halong Bay
    Halong Bay - Hue /Danang
    Danang - Nhatrang
    Nhatrang - Saigon
    Saigon - Phu Quoc
    Phu Quoc - Saigon

this is the way we are thinking to do... but we don't know about the time we need for travelling trough vietnam.
    Whats better ? take Bus ? plane ?
    Or maybe u have a better trip or station from hanoi to Saigon in 13 days...

Maybe there is sombody inbetween who has couch for us.

I'm photographer and would make exhibition with the taken pictures in Vietnam, here in Belgium where we live.

Thx for helping us planing a good trip.
    Even let us know whats the costs of the travel - if someone knows.

Very big greetings outta Belgium - Beer Country Nr.1 ;-)

Andreas & Sarah

#1 Posted: 23/9/2009 - 02:17

• Advertisement

• somtam2000

admin
    Click here to learn more about somtam2000
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Total reviews: 24
    Places visited:
    At least 113

Hi Andreas,

On transport, in Vietnam, train is almost always better than bus.

Hanoi - Sapa: night train
    Sapa - hanoi: night train
    Hanoi - Halong Bay: tour
    Halong Bay - Hue /Danang: night train via Hanoi, or fly
    Danang - Nhatrang: train
    Nhatrang - Saigon: train
    Saigon - Phu Quoc: fly
    Phu Quoc - Saigon: fly

It is a lot to cover in 13 days -- I'd drop Hue and consider dropping Nha Trang. Look at domestic flights with Jetstar to save time and money, I'd book your flights to Phu Quoc Island as soon as you arrive in Hanoi as January will be very very busy there and the flights will fill up fast.

More questions? ask away

#2 Posted: 23/9/2009 - 07:52

• FADRIANCE

Joined Travelfish
    13th April, 2009
    Total reviews: 2

I spent two months...May and June on similar itinerary. The train south from Ha Noi was excellent and fairly inexpensive. Bought tickets at station two days previous for sleeper. I, personally, would pass on DaNang. Really not much to do and I was uninspired there. I like Nha Trang, myself, but with your limited time I would spend it in Phu Quoc. I agree book early and JetStar is much less costly then Vietnam Air. Phu Quoc, great beach, inexpensive food and many lodging possibilities. Good luck and enjoy your trip.

#3 Posted: 23/9/2009 - 12:00

• duck

Joined Travelfish
    23rd September, 2009

ok thx for the answers...
    About the booking for the flights and Train.
    Better book it from europe in advance, or better in vietnam. i think it's cheaper...
    What about the costs for the travel ?
    whats the train will costs from a to b ? ( +- )
    Or do u propose something else ? other way trough vietnam.
    i know 13 days are short... tell me the best i can do.
    Thx

Andreas

#4 Posted: 23/9/2009 - 12:42

• KazAussie

Joined Travelfish
    18th July, 2009

Hi,

For train timetables and costs etc this site gives you the lot. FADRIANCE where did you stay in Phu Quoc, it looks like I am going to have to book flights and accommodation now for mid December, as the accommodation is starting to book out. I had hoped to stay at Beach club, but they are full.

#5 Posted: 23/9/2009 - 15:12

• duck

Joined Travelfish
    23rd September, 2009

hi thx for the answers..
    Is there somewhere possible take a helicopter in vietnam ?
    For birdview pictures...

thx for the answer where to do and maybe what it will cost

thx

duck
    www.studio-pixx.be

#6 Posted: 8/10/2009 - 12:11

• duck

Joined Travelfish
    23rd September, 2009

hi.. i had contact to a travel agent in Vietnam.. and he proposed me this..
    what are u think about...
    is it a good one ? good plan ?

thx

Vietnam Highlights Travel

Tour highlights:

Day 1: Hanoi arrive (Overnight in Hanoi)
    Day 2: Hanoi city tour – night train to Lao Cai (Overnight on train)
    Day 3: Lao Cai – Sapa (Overnight in Sapa)
    Day 4: Sapa trekking – night train to Hanoi(Overnight on train)
    Day 5: Hanoi arrive – Halong bay(Overnight on Junk Cruise)
    Day 6: Halong bay tour – Hanoi – Night train to Hue (Overnight on train)
    Day 7:Hue arrive –Hue city tour (Overnight in Hue)
    Day 8: Hue – Flight to Nha Trang (Overnight in Nha Trang)
    Day 9:Nha Trang –Doc Lech full day tour (Overnight in Nha Trang)
    Day 10:Nha Trang – Flight to Sai Gon – (Overnight in Sai Gon)
    Day 11:Sai Gon - Phu Quoc island (Overnight in Phu Quoc)
    Day 12 Phu Quoc tours (Overnight in Phu Quoc)
    Day 13: Phu Quoc - Sai Gon .End of services.

Detail itinerary:

15th Jan 2010: Hanoi. Arrival

VietnamTripAdvisor’s car will pick you up from the Noi Bai airport then transfer to our hotel in Hanoi.Check in hotel then relax.Meals on your own and overnight at Sofitel Metrople hotel.

16th Jan 2010: Hanoi city tour and night train to Lao Cai(B,L,D)

After breakfast at hotel we start the trip along the Hanoi Old Quarter.Vietnam TripAdvisor’s car will take you past Hoan Kiem Lake, see the peaceful waters, and visit Ngoc Son templ.Then visit Ho Chi Minh Museum .Enjoy the architectural and historical aspects of Uncle Ho's final resting-place .Just next door is Ho Chi Minh's house on stilts . Lying to one side of the Mausoleum is the One Pillar Pagoda, founded by King Ly Thai To in 1049 the structure has become an important symbol for the people of Hanoi . Continue to visit the Quan Thanh Temple ( Taoist, dating from the Ly Dynasty ) and Buddhist Tran Quoc Pagoda on West lake ( One of the oldest in Vietnam ) . Lunch.
    PM : After lunch proceed to visit the Literature Temple and Quoc Tu Giam .Vietnam's first university constructed in 1070, it's gardens and well-preserved architecture offers a relaxing glimpse into Vietnam's past.You will enjoy a water pupit show,a traditional programe in Vietnam.18:00 our car and tour guide will pick you up and transfer to a Lotus restaurant for buffet dinner.
    20:00Vietnam TripAdvisor’s car will pick you up and transfer to Hanoi train station to catch the overnight train to Lao Cai station. Overnight on King Express train. (deluxe cabin).Meals:Breakfast,Lunch,Dinner.

17th Jan 2010: Lao Cai – Sapa tour(B,L,D)

Our guide meets you at the Lao Cai train station, and you depart for Sa Pa by minibus. Arriving in Sa Pa mid-morning, you check in to the hotel, have breakfast and short rest..

After lunch, our guide takes you to visit two Black H’mong villages (Cat Cat Village) and a waterfall. There, you will have a chance to see the hydroelectric power station built by the French. After that, it’s back to Sa Pa for dinner. In the evening, you’re free to do as you wish. You can explore the town of Sa Pa.Overnight in hotel.
    Meals : Breakfast, Luch, Dinner

18th Jan 2010: Sapa trekking – Hanoi ( B,L,D )

After breakfast, our guide takes you to villages populated by H’mong and Dzay peoples, respectively called Lao Chai and Ta Van.
    You’ll have lunch either with an ethnic minority family or on the way back to Lao Cai to catch a night train back to Ha Noi, arriving the next early morning .
    Meals : Breakfast, Luch, Dinner

19th Jan 2010: Hanoi arrive - Halong bay (B,L,D)

8h30 AM : VietnamTripAdvisor's bus and guide will pick you up at your hotel, for the 3.5 hr (165km) drive to Halong City .
    12:00 PM : Board Halong Phoenix Cruiser. Lunch is served with a welcome drink while the boat cruises the bay to enjoy the beautiful limestone seascape.
    You will see Dog Rock, Incense Burner Rock, as well as Fighting Cock Rock before heading to Sung Sot Cave ( Cave of Surprises ).
    Later we stop at a floating house owned by fishermen before kayaking to Luon Cave to enjoy the quiet atmosphere of the bay.
    After returning to the boat a fresh fruit platter will be served, and we will anchor in a safe and scenic location for swimming and our overnight stay.
    Dinner is served onboard and then you have free time to listen to music, join in Karaoke singing or relax under the stars.
    Meals : Breakfast,Lunch, Dinner

20th Jan 2010: Halong- Hanoi – Night train to Hue(B,L)

7.30AM : Breakfast will be served on the boat, before cruising to another part of Halong Bay where you will view more of the bays spectacular limestone scenery, such as Drum Cave , Man's Head Islet, Turtle Islet and Fairman's Cave.
    The junk then heads to Van Gia fishing village- one of the oldest and largest floating villages in Halong Bay .
    You will have the opportunity to understand more about the fishermen's daily life, before cruising to a beautiful, secluded spot to swim.
    11.30 AM : The boat returns to the dock for lunch in an A/C restaurant before returning to Hanoi . Dinner on your own and get the night train to Hue depart from Hanoi station at 19:00.Overnight on train.
    Meals : Breakfast, Lunch

21st Jan 2010: Hue arrive and city tour (B,D)
    Arrive at Hue station at around 8:30AM.Our car will pick you up then transfer to hotel for check in.Hue city tour start from your hotel at 13.00 p.m. Short excursion to boat port. Then the Dragon boat will take you along the peaceful Huong River to Hon Chen Temple, Thien Mu Pagoda King, Minh Mang Tomb. Admire the beautiful landscapes and the sunset on the way back. Dinner and enjoy Vietnamese traditional folk song on boat on Perfume River. Tour end at your hotel around 20.00 pm.
    Meals : Breakfast, Dinner

22nd Jan 2010: Hue – Flight to Nha Trang.(B)

After breakfast and check out hotel.Our car will come to pick you up then transfer to airport for flight to Nha Trang.On upon arrive Cam Ranh airport,our car will pick you up then transfer to hotel for check in. You have free time in Nha Trang,meals on you own and overnight in Nha Trang.

23rd Jan 2010 Nha Trang – Doc Lech full day tour.(B,L)

Next to Nha Trang bay, Nha Phu bay creates another attraction to tourists. Monkey islands with wild animals, Orchid spring, Hang Tien beach, coral reef are the places we will go sightseeing. Do not hesitate to make friends with hundreds of lovely monkeys on Hon Lao island, and do not miss the funny animal show, play with elephants and ostriches. You really have precious time of relaxation. Come and join us.
    You can go on ahead to Doc Lech Beach after your visit to Monkey islands on tour. Doc Lech Beach with really white sand is 55 Km away from Nhatrang city on the North national road, where you can deep yourselves full day on the most of beautiful beach of Vietnam and enjoy wide range of choice of seafood there with cheap price. You will find a lot of domestic visitors there during Summer time in Nhatrang, properly at peak time in June & July within the year.Meals : Breakfast, Luch

24th Jan 2010: Nha Trang – Ho Chi Minh city(B)

Breakfast and check out hotel,our car will come to pick you up then transfer to airport for flight to Ho Chi Minh city.Upon arrive Ho Chi Minh,our car will pick up then transfer to hotel for check in.Free time in Sai Gon.Meals on your own and overnight at hotel.
    Meals: Breakfast

25th Jan 2010: Saigon - Phu Quoc island.(B,L,D)

After breakfast and check out hotel,our driver will come to pick up then transfer to airport for flight VN477 from Sai Gon at 7:15AM and arrive Phu Quoc island at 8:15AM. VietnamTripAdvisor’s car and tour guide pick you up at Phu Quoc ferry port, get & check in hotel, have lunch
    Afternoon: visit to the North: Visit Cau temple (the symbol of fishermen). Pepper garden (the bigest garden in Phu Quoc). Cross national park to see frontier Vietnam– Combodia. Visit Nguyen Trung Truc temple. Swimming mui duong beach, enjoy fresh seafood(personal charge). Back to your hotel for swimming
    Evening: have dinner and free or enjoy night squid fising with fisherman(personal charge).
    Meals: Breakfast,Lunch,Dinner

26th Jan 2010: Visit the South & East of Island ( B, L, D )

Morning: have breakfast and Start to go the South
    Visit The pearl farm of Australia(the realpearl make in Phu Quoc island). The vestige of coconut prison( building in French and American War). Find out about daily activities of fishermen at An Thoi port & dry seafood market. Go to Sao beach, swimming, sunbath & enjoy fresh seafood(the nicest beach in Phu Quoc), have lunch on the withsand beach,

Afternoon: 14pm go the East: Visit Ridgeback dog & phu quoc collection of local person. Go to Ham Ninh fishing village, enjoy fresh seafood(the cheapest price with seafood). Traditional fish sauce processing house( the most famous in Viet Nam). Local wine Manufacture (enjoy local wine free) Evening: Back to your hotel & have dinner
    Meals: Breakfast,Lunch,Dinner

27th Jan 2010: Phu Quoc Island – Ho Chi Minh city ( B )

Morning: Have breakfast at hotel and check out.Our car will pick you up then transfer to phu quoc ferry port for the flight back to Ho Chi Minh city.
    After pick up from airport to hotel in Ho Chi Minh,free time for walking around and overnight in Ho Chi Minh.

28th Jan 2010: Ho Chi Minh departure(B)
    After breakfast and check out hotel,you have free time till our car come to pick you up then transfer to airport for your departure flight.End of services.

Tour price in US Dollars per person:US$1120 x 2 = 2.240

Hotel in programe
    Hanoi
    Phu Do 2* hotel
    Sapa
    Royal 2* hotel
    Halong bay
    Phoenix Cruise 3*
    Hue
    Sport Hue hotel *
    Nha Trang
    Saint Paul * hotel
    Ho Chi Minh
    Hong Vy 2 hotel
    Phu Quoc island
    Huong Bien 3* hotel

Services include:
    All transport as programe
    English speaking guide
    Hotels in tours
    Entrance fees
    Meals in tours
    Services charge

Exclude:
    Drinks
    VAT taxes
    Other not mention in programe

#7 Posted: 11/10/2009 - 22:56

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Vietnam trip june 2010 ... By swag on 28 Jun 2010 6 2234 24 Sep 2010
Vietnam/Cambodia 2013 Trip - My Helpful Tips/Info ... By abs004 on 23 Dec 2013 4 1026 27 Dec 2013