Flag of Vietnam

Vietnam forum

http://www.hotels-phuquoc.com as a booking service

• KazAussie

Joined Travelfish
    18th July, 2009

Has anyone used this website. I am trying to book the Kim Nam Phuong Hotel in Phu Quoc. However the confirmation I was sent seemed to indicate that I was paying double eg rate should have been $174 for two rooms for 2 nights, the confirmation showed I needed to pay $174 deposit and then another $174 on arrival. When I questioned this, by now 2 days later they said to just rebook, now I am told the rooms I wanted aren't available.

Grr very frustrating. Any ideas folks as I believe accommodation in Phu Quoc books out quickly in December (Beach club is already full).

#1 Posted: 24/9/2009 - 17:11

• Advertisement

• KazAussie

Joined Travelfish
    18th July, 2009

Sorry should have added that I replied to the confirmation immediately, but it took them 2 days to get back to me.

#2 Posted: 24/9/2009 - 17:12

• millicent

Joined Travelfish
    24th September, 2009

Hi KazAussie,

I stayed with my dad on the island in January this year. I saw the resort your talking about. I stayed at thien hai son, it was expensive and lacked atmosphere. Then we moved to Sea Star resort. It was the best Place I stayed in Vietnam. We stayed in a beach front bungalow, about $54 US a night. We walked off our balcony onto the sand. Mr Phu, the manager was very helpful and did his best to get us in a room. We hadn't booked before we got there. Big mistake!
    Mr Phu even helped us book rooms in Saigon. I got sunburnt and they took me to the chemist to make sure I got the right cream and did not get ripped off.

If you haven't confirmed your booking, I really recommend Sea Star.

And make sure you eat at the Hop Inn restaurant, Great food and atmosphere.

Millie

#3 Posted: 24/9/2009 - 17:38

• somtam2000

admin
    Click here to learn more about somtam2000
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Total reviews: 24
    Places visited:
    At least 113

Hi Kaz,

The website you mention looks after most of our reservations on Phu Quoc, but the rate seems VERY high especially for a prop like Kim Nam Phuong... let me know if you want me to email them to find out what is going on.

Phu Quoc fills up quickly in high season, but it is worth noting that the majority of places on the island cannot be booked online -- they work on a walk-in basis only.

Agree with Millie re Sea Star -- a great spot.

#4 Posted: 24/9/2009 - 17:55

• KazAussie

Joined Travelfish
    18th July, 2009

Hi thank you both, I wish I had read your post Millicent before I paid the money.

Stuart at this point the prices in the original confirmation email seems to have been from a system glitch. They suggested I book again, which I have (not the rooms I wanted but there you go), so far however I have received the paypal receipt but still no confirmation from the hotel.

Will keep you informed on how I go, but good to know that there are a lot of walk ups. If this booking falls through would you recommend we just go that route, I am not keen on paying for flights to the Island and then not being able to get anywhere to stay.

#5 Posted: 25/9/2009 - 14:21

• KazAussie

Joined Travelfish
    18th July, 2009

Okay my first two days have been confirmed. But if we need to extend we now know we wont have a problem finding something else

#6 Posted: 25/9/2009 - 16:46

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Booking hotels through Agoda ... By apeiron75 on 20 Oct 2013 15 2164 29 Apr 2014
Booking hotels in Siem Reap... or not? ... By KatjaKat on 18 Oct 2011 4 3814 30 Nov 2011