Flag of Vietnam

Vietnam forum

Phu Quoc budget accom

• betska

Joined Travelfish
    6th October, 2009
    Location Australia

Planning to arrive in Phu Quoc on 3rd December. Beach Club is booked out. Does anyone have any suggestions for budget accomodation on Long Beach? Tropicana seems to have more negatives than positives!

#1 Posted: 6/10/2009 - 06:16

• Advertisement

• somtam2000

admin
    Click here to learn more about somtam2000
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Total reviews: 24
    Places visited:
    At least 113

The best places will already be booked out I'm imagine, there's a gaggle of places off the beach, not far north of Beach Club that could be worth a try. Bear in mind a lot of places on Phu Quoc Island work on walk in only.

If you do want a reservation in advance, try some of the cheaper ones on our Phu Quoc booking page which lists most of the places that can be booked online.

#2 Posted: 6/10/2009 - 07:20

• KazAussie

Joined Travelfish
    18th July, 2009

I also wanted to stay at Beach Club but it was booked out. Based on some reports here and on trip advisor I have booked at Kim Nam Phuong hotel .. we will be there about 15 December. We booked through www.hotels-phuquoc.com

#3 Posted: 11/10/2009 - 13:53

• betska

Joined Travelfish
    6th October, 2009
    Location Australia

Thanks Somtam & Kaz,
    Kaz, I liked the look & reviews for Kim Nam Phoung, but they don't have triples (there are 5 or even maybe 6 of us travelling...)

We are now looking at doing a Package from Saigon with Sinh Cafe that includes 2 nights in the Mekong on the way, and then 2 nights on Phu Quoc (extendible) staying at Thien Hai Son. It has mixed reviews but the package is quite cheap & includes flight back to Saigon.

Any comments on Thien Hai Son would be very welcome.

Betts

#4 Posted: 11/10/2009 - 15:24

• millicent

Joined Travelfish
    24th September, 2009

Hi Betts,

I stayed at thien hai son in January. The bungalows in the garden are nice. It is a bit over priced and lacks atmosphere. But it has a nice pool, good breakfast and if there is a few of you im sure you can add a bit to the atmosphere there. I know people who stayed at tropicana and raved about it. I also stayed at seastar. It is less expensive and you can have a bungalow right on the beach. The service was excellent. I would recommend staying there if you can.
    Hope you have fun! and book where ever you choose soon as most accommodation on the island fills up quickly.

Millie

#5 Posted: 11/10/2009 - 15:52

• betska

Joined Travelfish
    6th October, 2009
    Location Australia

Thanks, Millie,
    Seastar was our 2nd choice after Beach Club...but also fully booked!!!
    Thein Hai Son price in the package was reasonable. Yes, we will go with the bungalows. There are 4 teenagers travelling with us so fun should not be a problem!!!
    Betts

#6 Posted: 11/10/2009 - 17:27

• nadine_e_ho-
    ffman

Joined Travelfish
    6th August, 2009

Running into the same problem re: reservations on Phu Quoc - for week of Christmas. Will be there on honeymoon and stupidly did not book earlier. Really committed to finding a bungalow on the beach. I've sent inquiries/availability requests to half dozen places but am nervous I won't find anything. Any suggestions for beachfront place that may still be taking reservations and would be on the romantic side?
    Nadine

#7 Posted: 21/10/2009 - 07:18

• somtam2000

admin
    Click here to learn more about somtam2000
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Total reviews: 24
    Places visited:
    At least 113

The majority of places on Phu Quoc Island cannot be booked in advance -- they work on a walk in basis. Your best option is to get there early and hope, though I would guess you'd need to be pretty lucky to get a beachfront shack... As mentioned above, here is a list of places that can be booked online on Phu Quoc.

#8 Posted: 21/10/2009 - 08:50

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Budget accom near Bangkok airport ... By chicoelnino on 27 Apr 2011 1 1303 27 Apr 2011
Budget Accom in Talisay, Calabarzon, Philipines ... By Barnett on 6 Sep 2012 6 2421 23 Nov 2012