Flag of Vietnam

Vietnam forum

Winging it

• AlyssaAnne

Joined Travelfish
    9th August, 2009

Hi there,

Still planning a trip- 3 weeks Laos/ 3 weeks Vietnam.

We'd like to keep things, as far as itineraries go, open as some of the info on this site suggests, but were wondering if this is advisable if we are travelling in the high season (from 6th January in Vietnam)?

Apologies if this query has already been covered elsewhere!

Ta,
    A.

#1 Posted: 6/10/2009 - 11:39

• Advertisement

• AlyssaAnne

Joined Travelfish
    9th August, 2009

Just to clarify - should we book in advance even if it requires making things a little more rigid?

My friend has 2 weeks in Vietnam and I am staying on for an extra week. The original idea was top to bottom trip with a few flights to save time.

Ta,
    A.

#2 Posted: 6/10/2009 - 11:41

• Pablot

Joined Travelfish
    4th May, 2009

Generally a nice time of the year. Sometimes in central VN get bad weather as late as early May (as in 2009!) - but in general normally is OK by early January; you just go further north or south until weather improves.

The "tourist" high season in Central VN as far as I am concerned now runs thru Summer! this is because there are more Vietnamese domestic tourists than foreigners, and they are doing all their holiday making in Summer. The traditional "tourist high season" as being Christmas - Easter I have the feeling does NOT apply any more! VN has really suffered from lack of foreign tourism and domestic tourism has taken up the slack....

VN is really lovely by the way! if you really can "wing it" you will participate in the party of life as it unfolds... try not to get dinged along the way (motorbikes, etc.!)

#3 Posted: 6/10/2009 - 13:18

• somtam2000

admin
    Click here to learn more about somtam2000
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Total reviews: 24
    Places visited:
    At least 113

What are you considering booking in advance? Flights, accommodation or tours?

#4 Posted: 6/10/2009 - 15:20

• AlyssaAnne

Joined Travelfish
    9th August, 2009

Hey,

Thanks for the help.

Thinking moreso accomodation.

Ta,
    A.

#5 Posted: 6/10/2009 - 17:26

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.