Flag of Vietnam

Vietnam forum

Public health in Central Vietnam after typhoon

• Pablot

Joined Travelfish
    4th May, 2009

Take a look at this article on public health problems in Central Vietnam after last typhoon:
    http://vietnamnews.vnagency.com.vn/showarticle.php?num=03SOC081009

Public health is the real issue with flooding; it is not just water going up and down! it is the contamination from trash, sewage, etc. getting into drinking water of wells, etc.

Not ever tourist has built up immunity or has strong immune system. Local residents in these areas are used to these conditions and may be able to cope better.

Another storm seems to be on the way to Central Vietnam. Sometimes about 1 storm every two weeks or so during height of the monsoon season.

#1 Posted: 9/10/2009 - 06:57

• Advertisement

• dan567

Joined Travelfish
    23rd August, 2009

Posted from within Vietnam.

I managed to pick up a bit of Pink Eye way before I got near Central Vietnam. From what other people are telling me if you stick to larger towns you should be ok..

#2 Posted: 13/10/2009 - 22:17

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.