Flag of Vietnam

Vietnam forum

Hanoi tailors

• NYTim

Joined Travelfish
    11th September, 2009
    Total reviews: 2

I plan to buy some hand made clothing for my wife. Does anyone know of a reliable tailor and a place to buy silk cotton and rayon?

Cheers

#1 Posted: 11/10/2009 - 04:22

• Advertisement

• violets

Joined Travelfish
    6th July, 2009
    Total reviews: 28

I've had things made beautifully at Hadong silk in Hang Gai and they sell beautiful fabric too. It's quite expensive though (well, for Vietnam).

#2 Posted: 11/10/2009 - 08:16

• NYTim

Joined Travelfish
    11th September, 2009
    Total reviews: 2

Having never been to Hanoi, is there any way you could give me more specific directions.

Thanks

#3 Posted: 11/10/2009 - 19:56

• somtam2000

admin
    Click here to learn more about somtam2000
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Total reviews: 24
    Places visited:
    At least 113

You can see Hang Gai just to the top left of the lake on this map.

#4 Posted: 12/10/2009 - 08:42

• violets

Joined Travelfish
    6th July, 2009

If you walk along Hang Gai, away from the lake, on the right side of the road, you will come to Hadong silk. It's quite a smart looking place. No 102 apparently.

#5 Posted: 13/10/2009 - 08:52

• barrydullag-
    han

Joined Travelfish
    4th January, 2009

to violets,iam arriving hanoi 25oct on your rec iam going to stay at the rose,what is the best room, what number is it

#6 Posted: 14/10/2009 - 00:21

• violets

Joined Travelfish
    6th July, 2009

I like the back rooms because they are quiet. I found the people very obliging. I wanted a room with a balcony (same price I think) but found the one on the first floor rather noisy and the light from the neon sign kept me awake. They moved all my stuff for me back to the second floor back room. I suspect the second floor or above is quieter. I think I paid $11 a night because I stayed more than a week. Can't remember the room numbers.

Hope you like the hotel. I only ever saw one other lot of European travellers in the 5 weeks I was there. It's convenient and if you go one way along the street you reach the tourist area but if you go the other you reach an ordinary Vietnamese street that feels completely non touristy. You can catch the nearby no 2 bus to a lot of useful destinations. Have a great time.

#7 Posted: 14/10/2009 - 08:45

• barrydullag-
    han

Joined Travelfish
    4th January, 2009

to violets cam on for your reply it lets me know what to look for tam biet

#8 Posted: 14/10/2009 - 21:02

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.