Photo: Canals of Ca Mau, Mekong Delta.

Vietnam forum

Cat Ba accomodation

Posted by Remedy on 13/10/2009 at 18:00

Hi,

I've been reading up on the accomodation page on Cat Ba, but I'm hard pressed to find any listing with a recent update. Most places seems to have been last visited in 2006.

Does anyone have any idea whether the listings are still valid? I'm looking at the backpacker/flashpacker range.

Thanks,

#1 Remedy has been a member since 25/7/2009. Posts: 31

Posted by Pokol on 13/10/2009 at 20:25

Hi!

I'm travelling to Cat Ba next week. A friend of mine was there recently and apparently there are so many backpacker hotels you shouldn't worry about listings, guides or anything.:)

#2 Pokol has been a member since 26/8/2009. Posts: 38

Posted by crimptacular on 14/10/2009 at 00:29

We spent 10 days on Cat Ba last March and stayed at the Bay View Hotel which is close to the far end of the main strip (just before the massive holiday view and on the way to the beaches). They had large rooms facing the waterfront and priced around $15USD. Very well run establishment (by Missy Ha and Martin) and the food was not bad either.
If you're looking for things to do, go check out SloPony (run by Eric an Slo) found in the Noble House right in the middle of the strip. Their main feature is rock climbing but they can organize tours and rentals if need be. www.slopony.com
Our focus was climbing but we did spend rest days touring the island on motorbikes and took a day cruise out to climb on an island. Enjoy your trip.

#3 crimptacular has been a member since 17/2/2009. Posts: 16

Posted by Remedy on 15/10/2009 at 03:28

Thanks for the feedback. I guess I'll just see what I can find when I get there.

#4 Remedy has been a member since 25/7/2009. Posts: 31

Posted by beekalove on 17/10/2009 at 13:16

Posted from within Vietnam.

It's low season there now too so you can probably bargain with the hotels for a good price because there are so few tourists around.

#5 beekalove has been a member since 1/8/2009. Posts: 3

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.