Flag of Vietnam

Vietnam forum

Cat Ba accomodation

• Remedy

Joined Travelfish
    25th July, 2009
    Total reviews: 7

Hi,

I've been reading up on the accomodation page on Cat Ba, but I'm hard pressed to find any listing with a recent update. Most places seems to have been last visited in 2006.

Does anyone have any idea whether the listings are still valid? I'm looking at the backpacker/flashpacker range.

Thanks,

#1 Posted: 13/10/2009 - 18:00

• Advertisement

• Pokol

Joined Travelfish
    26th August, 2009

Hi!

I'm travelling to Cat Ba next week. A friend of mine was there recently and apparently there are so many backpacker hotels you shouldn't worry about listings, guides or anything.:)

#2 Posted: 13/10/2009 - 20:25

• crimptacular

Joined Travelfish
    17th February, 2009

We spent 10 days on Cat Ba last March and stayed at the Bay View Hotel which is close to the far end of the main strip (just before the massive holiday view and on the way to the beaches). They had large rooms facing the waterfront and priced around $15USD. Very well run establishment (by Missy Ha and Martin) and the food was not bad either.
    If you're looking for things to do, go check out SloPony (run by Eric an Slo) found in the Noble House right in the middle of the strip. Their main feature is rock climbing but they can organize tours and rentals if need be. www.slopony.com
    Our focus was climbing but we did spend rest days touring the island on motorbikes and took a day cruise out to climb on an island. Enjoy your trip.

#3 Posted: 14/10/2009 - 00:29

• Remedy

Joined Travelfish
    25th July, 2009
    Total reviews: 7

Thanks for the feedback. I guess I'll just see what I can find when I get there.

#4 Posted: 15/10/2009 - 03:28

• beekalove

Joined Travelfish
    1st August, 2009

Posted from within Vietnam.

It's low season there now too so you can probably bargain with the hotels for a good price because there are so few tourists around.

#5 Posted: 17/10/2009 - 13:16

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.