Flag of Vietnam

Vietnam forum

Which hostel is the best in Hanoi?

• xienz

Joined Travelfish
    7th September, 2009

Posted from within Vietnam.

Hi travellers,

I'm going to Hanoi in November, and I wan to know which hostel is the best in Hanoi? I only know the Drift Backpackers Hostel and Hanoi Backpacker, but I need some experiences

Thanks so much!

#1 Posted: 27/10/2009 - 15:04

• Advertisement

• Pokol

Joined Travelfish
    26th August, 2009

There are a lot!!!!!! I found some nice hostels and guesthouses in the same street where the HAnoi Backpacker's Hostel is. That street is nice too, so I'd suggest you went there and then make a decision once you're there.

I stayed at the Real Darling Cafe Guest House. It's on Lonely Planet. It's pretty crappy but clean, quiet and very cheap: 6$ single room, private bathroom and free internet...YOu can't go wrong with that...

#2 Posted: 2/11/2009 - 18:48

• Vietnam720

Joined Travelfish
    26th August, 2009
    Location Singapore

U won't go wrong with the Hanoi Backpacker's Hostel - friendly boss and staffs, very clean environment and lots of energy from the backpackers.

Another way to deal with this is to just stay anywhere and go to the bia hoi at night to interact with fellow backpackers.

#3 Posted: 3/11/2009 - 14:23

• Pokol

Joined Travelfish
    26th August, 2009

Everybody i've met seemed to be quite happy with Hanoi's backpackers hostel as they were getting free coffee and more stuff, though they all said it was quite expensive for a dorm and far too small. I don't know, I wasn't there myself, but there are plenty of backpackers on the street and they all go to the pub at the same time so it doesn't really matter where you stay...

#4 Posted: 3/11/2009 - 14:27

• hanoifamily-
    hostel

Joined Travelfish
    6th March, 2010

Every one can not stay in every hostel so it is sometime just give your idea about your pleasant when staying in any hostel. If you like the crowded hostel and exciting, it is Hanoi Back Packer, then, if you love the peace and the beauty of Hoan Kiem lake and the Old street,just come to Hanoi Family Hostel at 38 Cau Go str. So, who tell you that what is the best hostel? and why? Location, cleaness, comfortable, services and staff?

#5 Posted: 7/3/2010 - 08:56

• MADMAC

Joined Travelfish
    6th June, 2009
    Total reviews: 10

"Another way to deal with this is to just stay anywhere and go to the bia hoi at night to interact with fellow backpackers."

I have to say, I find it a little curious that you would travel half way around the world in order to interact with other tourists.

#6 Posted: 8/3/2010 - 00:57

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.