Photo: Canals of Ca Mau, Mekong Delta.

Vietnam forum

Which hostel is the best in Hanoi?

Posted by xienz on 27/10/2009 at 15:04

Posted from within Vietnam.

Hi travellers,

I'm going to Hanoi in November, and I wan to know which hostel is the best in Hanoi? I only know the Drift Backpackers Hostel and Hanoi Backpacker, but I need some experiences

Thanks so much!

#1 xienz has been a member since 7/9/2009. Posts: 2

Posted by Pokol on 2/11/2009 at 18:48

There are a lot!!!!!! I found some nice hostels and guesthouses in the same street where the HAnoi Backpacker's Hostel is. That street is nice too, so I'd suggest you went there and then make a decision once you're there.

I stayed at the Real Darling Cafe Guest House. It's on Lonely Planet. It's pretty crappy but clean, quiet and very cheap: 6$ single room, private bathroom and free internet...YOu can't go wrong with that...

#2 Pokol has been a member since 26/8/2009. Posts: 38

Posted by Vietnam720 on 3/11/2009 at 14:23

U won't go wrong with the Hanoi Backpacker's Hostel - friendly boss and staffs, very clean environment and lots of energy from the backpackers.

Another way to deal with this is to just stay anywhere and go to the bia hoi at night to interact with fellow backpackers.

#3 Vietnam720 has been a member since 26/8/2009. Location: Singapore. Posts: 46
 Website   Twitter 

Posted by Pokol on 3/11/2009 at 14:27

Everybody i've met seemed to be quite happy with Hanoi's backpackers hostel as they were getting free coffee and more stuff, though they all said it was quite expensive for a dorm and far too small. I don't know, I wasn't there myself, but there are plenty of backpackers on the street and they all go to the pub at the same time so it doesn't really matter where you stay...

#4 Pokol has been a member since 26/8/2009. Posts: 38

Posted by hanoifamilyhostel on 7/3/2010 at 08:56

Every one can not stay in every hostel so it is sometime just give your idea about your pleasant when staying in any hostel. If you like the crowded hostel and exciting, it is Hanoi Back Packer, then, if you love the peace and the beauty of Hoan Kiem lake and the Old street,just come to Hanoi Family Hostel at 38 Cau Go str. So, who tell you that what is the best hostel? and why? Location, cleaness, comfortable, services and staff?

#5 hanoifamilyhostel has been a member since 6/3/2010. Posts: 3

Posted by MADMAC on 8/3/2010 at 00:57

"Another way to deal with this is to just stay anywhere and go to the bia hoi at night to interact with fellow backpackers."

I have to say, I find it a little curious that you would travel half way around the world in order to interact with other tourists.

#6 MADMAC has been a member since 6/6/2009. Posts: 6,957

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.