Flag of Vietnam

Vietnam forum

Lak lake experience/tour

• hevva

Joined Travelfish
    27th October, 2009

We leave for vietnam in less than 2 weeks and were trying to book a tour from da lat to nha trang via lak lake with sinh cafe. we've not had a response from them yet, not sure if it's safe to book it on arrival (we're quite tight for time) or whether anyone knows of another reputable operator doing a similar thing? Heard about Easy Riders but think i'm too scared to go on the back of a bike! Thanks

#1 Posted: 27/10/2009 - 21:19

• Advertisement

• violets

Joined Travelfish
    6th July, 2009
    Total reviews: 28

We went from Dalat to Kon Tum, via Lak lake over 4 days with Easy Riders in a car, with a very good guide. Nice place. I understand you can also get to Lak lake by bus from Buon Ma Thuot, which is a 4 hour bus ride from Dalat. There's a hotel up the hill that was a palace of Bao Dai and there are also very cheap, basic rooms down at the lake. The restaurant over the lake is pretty good.

#2 Posted: 28/10/2009 - 07:23

• justwonderi-
    ng

Joined Travelfish
    12th August, 2009

Coming from the other direction (we flew into BMT and then south to Dalat) we used the local buses with the help of a guide from DakLak Tourist. Though the guide wasn't brilliant in some respects (see my posting elsewhere on the trip), he was good at getting us from point a-b on the otherwise somewhat incomprehensible local bus system and in helping us engage and interact with the shy but very lovely locals (mainly the students needing to practice their english). At any rate, there is a local bus that goes from BMT to Lak Lake, takes about an hour- to one and a half hours and a deathwish mini bus (we used Mai Linh) between BMT and Lak Lake that takes about 3 hours. We stayed in the long house at the resort by teh lake, which is set up for 20 backpackers but we had to ourselves -they also have rooms etc. Teh restaurant by the lake was pretty good actually.

You could presumably organise a similar thing going the other direction. Personally, I think you'll be safer on the back of a bike with a good Rider (I can recommend 3 excellent ones, I'm sure others can do the same) than in one of the mini buses, if our experiences of minibuses there are anything to go by! A good alternative for you then, going by your post, would be to find a recommendation for a guide and private car. The drive is quite lovely and Lak Lake quite a peaceful place - or it was when we were there a week or so ago anyway. Enjoy.

#3 Posted: 29/10/2009 - 06:04

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Lake Safari from Bangkok, a new and unique experience in Thailand. Trip report ... By jonasnilsson888 on 1 Dec 2009 1 3386 1 Dec 2009