Flag of Vietnam

Vietnam forum

Hanoi to Japan (via China?)

• gusthegiant

Joined Travelfish
    12th October, 2009

Is the only way to get from Hanoi to Japan with out flying to travel thro China and get the boat from Shanghai?

I’m just concerned about the Chinese visa situation; I have herd lots of roomers about how hard it is to get a visa especially if your travailing by train and don’t have a pre booked onward ticket. Also the china leg of my trip is towards the end (about 2 months in) will this affect visa application?
    I would also like to stop in Guilin on the way to Shanghai, I am guessing this will cost extra in regards to train fairs but I don’t know how much extra.
    Any help with any of these maters is greatly appreciated

Thank you very much for your help

#1 Posted: 30/10/2009 - 23:40

• Advertisement

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
OCT-DEC 2010 China, Japan and SE Asia ... By irish_paul on 7 Jun 2010 0 1502 7 Jun 2010
Traveling Solo in SE Asia, Northern China, Korea and Japan ... By JunglistSolja on 4 Oct 2009 0 2863 4 Oct 2009
Cell phone during 4.5 month trip through SE Asia, East China, Japan ... By Lamar on 23 Dec 2007 2 3111 27 Dec 2007