Flag of Vietnam

Vietnam forum

Domestic travel advice through Vietnam

• jessebear

Joined Travelfish
    6th November, 2009
    Total reviews: 3

My husband and I are taking our honeymoon to Vietnam this December. We only have about 10 days so we decided that we are using air travel throughout the country to save time. Toward the end of our trip we are going to Phu Quoc from Danang/ Hoi An but aren't sure the best way to do it. We could spend only 1 night in Hoi An and fly to HCMC late the next night and then ferry to Phu Quoc the next morning. Or we could spend 2 nights in Hoi An and fly to Phu Quoc w/ a connection in HCMC the next day. We aren't sure if we'll want that extra time in Hoi An or if the ferry will be cool and worth coming earlier to HCMC. We'd love any adivce!

#1 Posted: 7/11/2009 - 01:10

• Advertisement

• DLuek

TF writer
    Joined Travelfish
    19th June, 2008
    Location Thailand
    Total reviews: 14

Hi,

My girlfriend and I originally intended on visiting Hoi An for 3 or 4 days last spring, but were so charmed by the place that we ended up staying for almost 5 weeks.

I haven't been to Phu Quoc or Da Lat, but of the places I have been in Vietnam, Hoi An is my favorite, and certainly the most romantic. Should be perfect for a honeymoon. You can take a romantic trip for 2 on a row-boat steered by some sweet old man and feel like your in Venice, and then head out to the beach for rays and seafood. Or there's an outstanding romantic restaurant owned and operated by a French chef right on the Old Town river-front. Can't remember the name now but you can't miss the menu with its tasteful Vietnamese, French and Italian dishes, and easily the best ice cream (homemade) in Hoi An!

In short, Hoi An is a great place for a honeymoon, so if I were you I'd stay the extra night.

I actually just got my photos of Hoi An on the web. Check them out if you want:

www.flickr.com/photos/44333318@N06/

#2 Posted: 7/11/2009 - 03:15

• KazAussie

Joined Travelfish
    18th July, 2009

The ferry to Phu Quoc leaves from Rach Gia the ferry takes five hours and from HCMC to Rach Gia is also several hours by bus. Your best bet it to fly to phu quoc, I think you will probably have to go through HCMC as I am not sure about direct flights from Danang to Phu Quoc but try vietnam airlines or jetstar, because it is high season they may have put extra flights on. We will be in Phu Quoc from about 15-18 December and have already booked flights and accommodation.

#3 Posted: 7/11/2009 - 09:13

• jessebear

Joined Travelfish
    6th November, 2009
    Total reviews: 3

Thank you so much. I think we will stay in Hoi An another night. It sounds amazing. I can't wait!

#4 Posted: 13/11/2009 - 20:25

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
domestic air travel in Vietnam ... By anthony on 16 Sep 2006 1 2125 16 Sep 2006