Flag of Vietnam

Vietnam forum

Christmas in Hanoi

• RenaG

Joined Travelfish
    9th November, 2009

My partner and I will be Hanoi on Christmas and I'm wondering if anyone has a recommendation on how to spend the day, where to dine, what to see, etc.

#1 Posted: 9/11/2009 - 03:06

• Advertisement

• violets

Joined Travelfish
    6th July, 2009
    Total reviews: 28

You could have a special meal at Emperor or Wild Rice and maybe go to st Joseph's church which will undoubtedly have a big Christmas service. There's a big French expat community using the church as well as a local one.

#2 Posted: 9/11/2009 - 09:31

• rubic

Joined Travelfish
    26th September, 2009

Posted from within Vietnam.

I strongly recommend a dinner at Dat Viet Restaurant near Hoan Kiem Lake where you can easily take part in interesting events on Xmas day. It has Vietnamese traditional architecture style. They also perform traditional music in every night. On special event like this, they offer many activities and parties.

#3 Posted: 10/11/2009 - 16:36

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.