Photo: Canals of Ca Mau, Mekong Delta.

Vietnam forum

Vietnam Visa on arrival for Indian passport holders

Posted by jayanraj on 10/11/2009 at 00:35

I am an Indian from mumbai.

Is it possible for Indian passport holders to get Vietnam tourist Visa on arrival (VOA) after reaching Hanoi ? I am leaving India on 25.11.2009 alongwith a 'Approval letter' sent to me by my Hanoi based travel agent. After reaching Hanoi my passport will be visa stamped.

However another tour operator from USA said not posible. As per his e-mail Indian citizens leaving from India to Vietnam should obtain vietnam visa before leaving India.

Advice is needed.

Jayanra

#1 jayanraj has been a member since 7/11/2009. Location: India. Posts: 12
 Twitter 

Posted by somtam2000 on 10/11/2009 at 08:16 admin

Not sure on the answer to this -- I'd run it by a Vietnamese Embassy or consulate and see what they say.

#2 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 7,504
 Where has somtam2000 been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Google+   Instagram   Pinterest 

Posted by lexkssnbrg on 10/11/2009 at 11:29

I arranged my visa through the http://www.vietnamstay.com website and had no problem getting my visa when I arrived in Ho Chi Minh city a couple months ago. If your travel agent it'd be ok, so it should be worry-free. I'd advise you to email and confirm again with your agent so as to ensure that there will be no trouble.

#3 lexkssnbrg has been a member since 5/5/2009. Posts: 53

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.