Flag of Vietnam

Vietnam forum

Which National Park to visit in Vietnam?

• cheeco

Joined Travelfish
    22nd April, 2009

Posted from within Vietnam.

Hello everyone!

I am just wondering which National Park is the best to visit in Vietnam? My husband and I are looking for best wildlife, easily accessible, and easiest to navigate (preferably with a guide). We are not big into hiking, nor do we have the equipment to be serious about it (running shoes only). 2 days would be fine.

I have checked out these, and think they could be good, but looking for people to respond that have actually been to these places:

Ba Be
    Bach Ma
    Ba Vi
    Phong Nha-Ke Bang (for the caves)

Thanks a bunch! Any info will be helpful!
    Robyn

#1 Posted: 17/11/2009 - 16:47

• Advertisement

• violets

Joined Travelfish
    6th July, 2009
    Total reviews: 28

Cuc Phung, near Ninh Binh, is pretty good. If you just go for the day you can do a couple of short walks and see the primate rescue centre or you could stay overnight and do a longer walk.

You can also do a fabulous walk across Cat Ba national park, but it's much harder.

I don't know that you'll see many animals in any park.

Phong Nga caves is quite different. The only walking you'll do is up the hill to the big cave. With the other caves you're mostly on a boat.

#2 Posted: 17/11/2009 - 22:49

• cheeco

Joined Travelfish
    22nd April, 2009

Thanks a lot for your info!!

#3 Posted: 19/11/2009 - 12:51

• Pablot

Joined Travelfish
    4th May, 2009

There are no major animal attractions in Vietnam - by this I mean big game, etc. - which would draw in these tourists and also help to save the parks from being plundered!

I am familiar with Bach Ma and it is simple and lovely for a visit - but expect to do some hiking to get off the beaten track! This park is reasonably good for bird watching in season. There are some old French built houses which have been rebuilt as Inns; I feel the most reasonable (yet basic) is the Government accommodation at about 200,000 VND per night.

VN has not really done much for hiking or nature walking. Sadly the Park authorities seem to think karaoke is required so even at Bach Ma (which is one of the best parks) there is a karaoke built but unused when I was there!

#4 Posted: 22/11/2009 - 08:19

• VietRoos

Joined Travelfish
    9th December, 2013

Hope I can 'up' this thread instead of creating a new one.

Any recent experiences at Bach Ma NP? I'm thinking of visiting the park in january.

I'm nog in great shape so I'm a bit worried about the hiking; are the paths real steep? Are there more easy hikes (on the beaten track)? Is it worth staying the night?

#5 Posted: 16/12/2013 - 05:18

• Juha_H

Joined Travelfish
    13th December, 2013

Hi,

Is there any wildlife animal sanctuaries near Ho Chi Minh? I love nature and would like to visit some of the national park in January when arriving back from Cambodia. Is it necessary to book a tour guide to national parks, or should I just find my way with local transportation? Anything else to keep in mind before entering national park?

Thanks in advance.

#6 Posted: 18/12/2013 - 14:22

• NorahKat

Joined Travelfish
    19th December, 2013

You can take a look at Gao Giong Bird Garden or Tam Nong Bird Garden in Dong Thap province. It can be an exciting memory for you coz this is the home of thousands kinds of bird and significant view of course. It can be a good choice during these holidays in Vietnam.

#7 Posted: 19/12/2013 - 10:33

• Juha_H

Joined Travelfish
    13th December, 2013

Hi,

Do you have some links where can I find directions how to get to the bird gardens? And how to get to Phnon Nha-Ke Bang from Ho Chi minh city? I don't have car and I'm travelling to those places alone.

Thank you very much for tips :-)

#8 Posted: 22/12/2013 - 08:49

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
going independently to cat tien national park in Vietnam ... By rotshy on 13 Nov 2006 0 1687 13 Nov 2006
National park - south vietnam vs. cambodia ... By roccstar on 14 Nov 2010 1 2064 14 Nov 2010
from surathani to kaoh sok national park and from the park to krabi ... By ilovetravelling on 20 Dec 2010 1 2281 23 Dec 2010
Yok Don National Park ... By halu on 13 Oct 2006 4 4100 28 Oct 2006
KK to KK national park by bus ... By sharpie on 18 Oct 2010 2 2088 18 Oct 2010
Where is Nam Cat Tien National Park? ... By NguyenHoangLong on 28 Apr 2014 2 706 29 Apr 2014
Anyone been to Khao Sok national park? ... By bethbackpacks on 5 Jan 2009 1 4074 11 Jan 2009
Khao Sok National Park ... By helixusion on 24 Jul 2011 15 5529 2 Apr 2012
National park in Phutburi ... By steebee on 28 May 2006 1 1785 29 May 2006
National Park Fee Increase! ... By Drew84 on 1 Apr 2013 4 1361 2 Apr 2013