Flag of Vietnam

Vietnam forum

Train journeys from HCMC to Mui Ne

• nobbystylus

Joined Travelfish
    23rd November, 2009

Hi all

I can only find details of trains going first thing in the morning (6.45am or 7.30am) to Mui Ne , but this is no good for our schedule (arriving from phu quoc at 10.40am).
    Are there any trains going from HCMC to Mui Ne (phan thiet) any time after 12 ish?

I can't seem to find reliable information and the Vietnam Train Website's English pages aren't working for some reason.

Thanks

#1 Posted: 26/11/2009 - 02:28

• Advertisement

• nobbystylus

Joined Travelfish
    23rd November, 2009

ok, from a bit more digging it looks as though there are trains to muong man which is an hour drive from mui ne, which go during the day. No idea of if there are connecting trains as the vietnam train website still doesn't seem to be working properly (at least for me on a mac!).

#2 Posted: 26/11/2009 - 06:02

• violets

Joined Travelfish
    6th July, 2009
    Total reviews: 28

The English part of the website hasn't worked for some time but you can work timetables out from the Vietnamese website. There are also frequent buses I understand from HCMC to Mui Ne. And I don't imagine that a cab from Muong Man would cost that much.

#3 Posted: 26/11/2009 - 08:38

• nobbystylus

Joined Travelfish
    23rd November, 2009

Buses seem to leave first thing in the morning also, although if anybody knows of a bus direct to Mui Ne that leaves around lunchtime that would also be great info....

#4 Posted: 26/11/2009 - 11:55

• khanhvo

Joined Travelfish
    30th November, 2009

You can ask for the train SPT2/P1 for departing from Saigon Station to Phan Thiet station. It starts departing from 06:55 A.M. and comes to Phan Thiet at 13:45. You can also takes PT4/P3 train starting from 16:45 in Saigon station to 22:45 in Phan Thiet station. From Phan Thiet station to Saigon station, there are two options as well. They are 14:00 and 21:30 for department from Phan Thiet.
    From Phan Thiet, you can take the bus or taxi to Muine, and it takes about 30 minutes from the central Phan Thiet to the central Muine. If you want to save money, I think it's better to get on a bus which is often offered at the Phan Thiet station. Wish you a good time there!

#5 Posted: 30/11/2009 - 16:14

• nobbystylus

Joined Travelfish
    23rd November, 2009

Thanks for the tips on trains to Phan Thiet ! Annoyingly we're travelling on Dec 31 so clearly arriving at 10.30pm isn't ideal. Are there any other trains to Muong Man going during the day from HCMC which would get us in around 5ish? All the bus tours i can find leave HCMC early in the morning or very late at night, and the trains direct to Phan Thiet seem to be similar. A train anytime from 11.30 would be great.

#6 Posted: 30/11/2009 - 16:43

• rbakels

Joined Travelfish
    17th November, 2010

Posted from within Vietnam.

Tomorrow I wil travel by train from Nha Trang to Muong Man (as an intermediate stop to Mui Ne eventually). At the (Nha Trang) railway station I found out that the SE7 train is not presently running (until 19/1/2011, I guess), and the only remaining options are trains arriving (very) late in Muong Man. I chose the earliest, arriving 21:57. So probably I won't be able to reach Mui Ne the same day, and have to sleep in Muong Man.
    QUESTION: does anybody know about accomodation in Muong Man??? Preferably with e-mail so that I still can try to book a room.
    Many thanks in advance! Xin cam on!

#7 Posted: 10/1/2011 - 11:53

• andrekull

Joined Travelfish
    23rd September, 2011

Train schedules is vary all the time but bus schedules you can find http://liveinmuine.com/services/bus-schedules/

#8 Posted: 23/9/2011 - 18:09

• rbakels

Joined Travelfish
    17th November, 2010

I forgot to add that eventually I did not take the train. In January there was a reduced schedule. I could only travel late at night, which is not attractive for me as a tourist interested in the scenery. Fortunately I was able to cancel my ticket at the railway station (for a 10% deduction).

Eventually I traveled by bus to Mui Ne, a nice and efficient trip almost door to door.

#9 Posted: 23/9/2011 - 18:27

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Most scenic bus and train journeys in SE Asia ... By SBE on 17 Jul 2009 11 5066 20 Jul 2009