Photo: Canals of Ca Mau, Mekong Delta.

Vietnam forum

WHAT IS BEST ORDER TO GO TO THESE PLACES IN VIETNAM, CAMBODIA & LAOS IN FIVE WEEK TRIP?

Posted by dvdwilensky on 1/12/2009 at 04:40

I FLY INTO SAIGON, JAN 5 & OUT OF HANOI, FEB. 9. I WANT TO VISIT PHU QUOC ISLAND (mabe Mekong area), SIEM REAP/ANKOR WAT, (FLY TO DA NANG?), HOI AN, HANOI, LUANG PRABANG,HALONG BAY,SAPA?
ANYWHERE YOU'D ADD,AS BAC HA -NEAR SAPS- OR LIKE SOMETHING AROUND SIEM REAP OR AROUND LUANG PRABANG
THANK YOU
DAVE & LOGENE

#1 dvdwilensky has been a member since 30/11/2009. Posts: 2

Posted by scottyheather on 1/12/2009 at 15:18

Arghhhh my eyes ;) caps lock - kidding.

I don't think there's any best way to do this trip but my husband and I are doing much the same entirely overland soon. We are starting out in Bangkok - Chiang Mai - Luang Prabang - Hanoi - Halong Bay - Hoi An - Nah Trang - Saigon - PP - Siem Reap - Koh Chang and are doing the trip entirely overland for around six weeks. I know it's going to be pretty hectic but so looking forward to it.

I guess the only advice I can give is to try to avoid backtracking on yourself too much. Hope you have a great trip.

#2 scottyheather has been a member since 30/3/2008. Posts: 89

Posted by SEQfunbod on 8/12/2009 at 05:12

My dad + mum did the trip from Chiang Mai - Luang Prabang - Hanoi overland and it took them a full 4 weeks. They said it was madness, and they should have taken longer coz the roads in nth Vietnam were disasters.

#3 SEQfunbod has been a member since 9/8/2009. Posts: 12

Posted by sdl68 on 12/12/2009 at 06:53

If you can afford it take advantage of some cheap flights....Air Asia was worth it...flights tues-thur are really cheap.

#4 sdl68 has been a member since 16/7/2009. Posts: 14

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.