Photo: Canals of Ca Mau, Mekong Delta.

Vietnam forum

Sapa/Ban Ho or Cao Son for 2 nights? - Please advice

Posted by Ginta on 9/12/2009 at 16:31

Hello,

After reading many interesting posts about Sapa , I still can't make up my mind! Please help!

We will arrive to Lao Cai train station on 23rd Dec. We have 2 nights in the area and hope to do some walking (moderate) and stay in local villages. We of course would like to have best scenary but more improtantly to avoid mini-hotel type of homestays.

My questions are:
1. would we miss a lot if we dont go to sapa at all but stay in Cao Son, Coc LY, Mai Cai Than area?
2. If Sapa area is 'a must', would it make sense to go to Sapa just for one day walk and then move to Cao Son?
3. And if we end up in Sapa, it seems that BanHo valley is very beautiful but 'under construction'. How badly scenary is affected by this? Would you still suggest to go there?

thank you very much for any advice

Ginta

#1 Ginta has been a member since 9/12/2009. Posts: 1

Posted by hanoimikeshotel on 25/3/2010 at 11:54

Posted from within Vietnam.

Hi friends !

If you stay in Sapa , you can visit Sapa 1 day by walking, then you can go to Cao son Market and other places with more original area and customs

Ban Ho is nice place too but the way to go there it's too far and difficult to get there in a short time

#2 hanoimikeshotel has been a member since 6/1/2010. Location: Vietnam. Posts: 10
 Twitter 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.