Flag of Vietnam

Vietnam forum

Sapa/Ban Ho or Cao Son for 2 nights? - Please advice

• Ginta

Joined Travelfish
    9th December, 2009

Hello,

After reading many interesting posts about Sapa , I still can't make up my mind! Please help!

We will arrive to Lao Cai train station on 23rd Dec. We have 2 nights in the area and hope to do some walking (moderate) and stay in local villages. We of course would like to have best scenary but more improtantly to avoid mini-hotel type of homestays.

My questions are:
    1. would we miss a lot if we dont go to sapa at all but stay in Cao Son, Coc LY, Mai Cai Than area?
    2. If Sapa area is 'a must', would it make sense to go to Sapa just for one day walk and then move to Cao Son?
    3. And if we end up in Sapa, it seems that BanHo valley is very beautiful but 'under construction'. How badly scenary is affected by this? Would you still suggest to go there?

thank you very much for any advice

Ginta

#1 Posted: 9/12/2009 - 16:31

• Advertisement

• hanoimikesh-
    otel

Joined Travelfish
    6th January, 2010
    Location Vietnam

Posted from within Vietnam.

Hi friends !

If you stay in Sapa , you can visit Sapa 1 day by walking, then you can go to Cao son Market and other places with more original area and customs

Ban Ho is nice place too but the way to go there it's too far and difficult to get there in a short time

#2 Posted: 25/3/2010 - 11:54

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.