Flag of Vietnam

Vietnam forum

Tunnels

• KazAussie

Joined Travelfish
    18th July, 2009

Hi which would you recommend visiting... Vinh Moc tunnels, Chui Chui tunnels, one or both?

#1 Posted: 11/12/2009 - 13:30

• Advertisement

• busylizzy

Joined Travelfish
    31st December, 2007
    Location New Zealand
    Total reviews: 20
    Places visited:
    At least 107

Posted from within Vietnam.

I'm still making my way south to HCMC, so haven't seen the Cu Chi tunnels - but did see the DMZ Vinh Moc tunnels, and found it really interesting. I understand from comments from others that these are less touristy than the CC tunnels.

There is a museum that you go through first with photos and a map of the tunnels.

When I went through, we were taken through with one other Vietnamese family, so it was a nice small group. One lady in the group had been in the army for 10 years, from age 16. She was lovely, and was so keen to talk to us. Fortunately, the guide spoke very good English and could translate back and forth for us!

I would suggest you get there early in the day, and take a motorcycle to get there rather than a bus tour (where there would be a lot more people). If you get there and there is a large group going through, wait for half an hour or so to let them through first.

#2 Posted: 11/12/2009 - 14:17

• roynolan

Joined Travelfish
    29th January, 2009

Hi Kaz
    We went to the cu chi last year with Sinh cafe and really enjoyed it (just the half day) but as I said on another post we have written on we are going on bikes from Danang over the Hai Van pass to Hue then goint to Vinh Moc from there as we don't want to do the DMZ thing and Phong Nha cave staying overnight in Dong Hoi, so I would do both, they seem both different tunnels so shouldn't be repetative.
    Don't forget to let me know how your trip goes as you are going before me

#3 Posted: 12/12/2009 - 00:23

• KazAussie

Joined Travelfish
    18th July, 2009

Posted from within Vietnam.

Well we have been overtaken by events, due to a flight delay we now have less time in HCMC than originally planned so it looks like we won't be going to Cu Chi tunnels and will just do the ones at Vinh Moc, so wont be able to do a comparison.

I love HCMC... just over a day here so far and have mastered crossing the streets :-)

#4 Posted: 14/12/2009 - 08:01

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.