Flag of Vietnam

Vietnam forum

7-Days Itinerary,Which Junk & Tour Operator???

• rodlove

Joined Travelfish
    16th December, 2009

Hi, my buddy and I are planning on spending a week in North Vietnam on celebrity of the Christmas and New Year Eve. We are wondering which tour company is the more realiable as for price and quality of the day tours? with professional guide …would like to spend 1D trip to visit famous spots in Hanoi, 2 D/1N in Sapa to explore the local hill peoples’life and 3D/2N in Ha Long Bay to taste a beach-life so if anyone has other suggestions that would be appreciated. I also would like to check advised good quality junks and tour operators that can arrange good trip in Ha Long Bay. Using some books I've pieced together the following cruises in Ha Long Bay but I have no info about the hygiene of these cruises.
    1) Red Dragon Cruise
    2) Bayah Cruise
    3) Pinta Gold Cruise
    4) Phoenix Cruise
    Can anyone advise me? or You have a better idea around budget of each?
    Kindly recommend soonest...i do not hav much time to source…
    F.

#1 Posted: 16/12/2009 - 16:37

• Advertisement

• lexkssnbrg

Joined Travelfish
    5th May, 2009

Rod,

There are too many junk boats offering pretty similar itineraries out the bay which make it a huge headache picking out one of them. We were booked the Pinta Gold and found it to be fantastic value for money. Also for your information, 2 of our friends went on the Bhaya on the same day and raved about the boat and the service.

We had our visas, accommodations and other tours booked with Vietnamstay and would heartily recommend the company to everyone. The hotel rates were the best we were ever offered in Vietnam and our tours were smoothly organized.

It takes you at least 3 nights for a Sapa trip departing from Hanoi, including 2 nights on the train. If you're short on time, just cut out one day in Halong bay and add it to Sapa.

For your record, I just posted a synoptic report in the 'Trip reports' section.

Hope this helps

Lex

#2 Posted: 16/12/2009 - 17:58

• hasherjoe34

Joined Travelfish
    20th November, 2009

I agree with Lex's friends,Bhaya's service is great and its boat is awesome, pricey but satisfaction guaranteed. What could be more lovely than spend your holiday in a nice and luxurious atmosphere.

#3 Posted: 16/12/2009 - 21:03

• lexkssnbrg

Joined Travelfish
    5th May, 2009

Rod,

Though I don't know which agent you've dealt with, my understanding is that the Bhaya doesn't cost that much for one night aboard.

However, one of the top lessons we learned traveling in Vietnam is that you just get what you pay for. Money does matter but sometimes you need to consider splurging a bit.

Lex

#4 Posted: 17/12/2009 - 08:54

• rebeccafarr-
    ent

Joined Travelfish
    2nd May, 2009

The hubby and I also used Vietnamstay after my friend's rec and to be honest we could hardly fault the company and the service for any reason. They were very responding and accommodating.

#5 Posted: 18/12/2009 - 16:36

• somtam2000

admin
    Click here to learn more about somtam2000
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Total reviews: 24
    Places visited:
    At least 113

Just deleted and banned a bunch of accounts for spamming. Locking the thread for good measure.

#6 Posted: 19/12/2009 - 10:44

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

This post has been locked by the moderator.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Vietnam Tour Operator Reviews ... By roslyn on 13 Sep 2013 0 740 13 Sep 2013
Tour Operator- Thailand Travel Plan ... By cheeco on 29 Apr 2009 0 2314 29 Apr 2009
tour operator warns people from visiting NK. ... By sayadian on 29 Mar 2013 16 2365 10 Sep 2013