Photo: Canals of Ca Mau, Mekong Delta.

Vietnam forum

Shanghai to China Beach!?

Posted by biophlame on 18/12/2009 at 00:45

Hi,

I'm looking to travel to Hoi An/Da Nang in late January and seeing as there are no direct flights from Shanghai, can someone advise me on how to get there?

What city should I fly into (I will be flying out of Shanghai), and from there, how do I get myself to Da Nang?

Thanks! Sorry if this question has come up before, I ran a quick search w/ no luck!

#1 biophlame has been a member since 18/12/2009. Posts: 3

Posted by Pablot on 18/12/2009 at 07:10

Posted from within Vietnam.

I know this problem because I have travelled to Hong Kong from Danang; I travelled by train and bus.

I suggest you take internal flight to Nanning, then by train (Chinese daily overnight train) or plane to Hanoi, then internal flight to Danang.

You may be able to fly by Singapore Airlines via Singapore to Danang from Shanghai? there are few direct international to Danang.

#2 Pablot has been a member since 4/5/2009. Posts: 102

Posted by daawgon on 18/12/2009 at 13:33

Currently only one Silk Air flight into DAD from SIN - no other international traffic at this time. Easiest for you to fly into HAN and connect to a domestic Vietnam Airlines flight for DAD (also overnight first class train from Hanoi on Livitrans)

#3 daawgon has been a member since 17/4/2007. Posts: 1,093

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.