Flag of Vietnam

Vietnam forum

One-cent worth opinion on Halong Bay tour

• 29lovelyme

Joined Travelfish
    20th November, 2009

Hey hey hey, I’m back for the last time to give you my one-cent worth opinion. After all I owe it to travelfish for using their website to get ideas. I am too lazy to write long, so I’ll just focus on Halong Bay tour where I talked a lot in the past. I cruised with Columbus and for me it was just ok, I noticed they’re doing their best to address their issue and it’s good. But here’s the thing, I realized it’s easy to grab a tour for Halong Bay. You can even get into public boats for less than 100,000 Vietnamese money (around $5), only that you have to pay all entrance fees, which I don’t know how much. I was told we can just walked in the port and buy tickets for the morning and afternoon schedule. If you get into the port while waiting for your guide to come and get you, be nosy to the people around and you will get information, that’s how I did it though. On the other hand, there are several boat companies cruising Halong Bay and I saw some physically stunning boats with white stripe design, Bhaya and Paradise. They looked the same but I was told they both belong to different companies- Bhaya and Paradise, very tempting beauty of the boat. Now here’s my conclusion, for travelers going to Halong Bay, I suggest buy a tour when you get to Hanoi . Information we get online is useful as a gauge what to do, no need to rush booking a cruise because there are hundreds of boats! Even if it’s peak season, trust me you can get into a boat worth the money you are spending for. Just brace yourself with research though, so you won’t be trapped. Go around Hanoi for one day and before you knew it, you already have booked. A’right, that’s my share. Good luck!

#1 Posted: 22/12/2009 - 11:04

• Advertisement

• seaweed18

Joined Travelfish
    14th December, 2009

Hi there! there has been good reviews lately on Columbus Pinta Gold. You need to convince me now because we're ready to book with Bhaya or Phoenix. Your advise would be highly appreciated. Any idea bout these Sinh Cafe and Kangaroo Hotel?

#2 Posted: 22/12/2009 - 12:26

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Tour Agency.... Opinion? ... By jivie798 on 8 Feb 2011 0 1925 8 Feb 2011
Halong Bay - Worth it? ... By crazylegs on 21 May 2013 5 4446 14 Jun 2013