Photo: Canals of Ca Mau, Mekong Delta.

Vietnam forum

WARNING: re Ha Long Bay cruise touts

Posted by somtam2000 on 22/12/2009 at 13:32 admin

We're having ongoing issues banning accounts that belong to Vietnamese travel agents that are spamming the forum pretending to be customers either asking for advice or supposedly giving advice regarding boat tours on Ha Long Bay.

The boats most commonly touted are:
Columbus
Bhaya
Phoenix

I would treat any comments or advice given concerning any of the above operators with EXTREME CAUTION -- especially if it is from a relatively new site member.

As far as I am concerned, if a business feels it needs to encourage its agents to lie and mislead passengers on public travel forums, then it bodes ill for how you'll get treated in the flesh.

We'll continue to ban accounts as this continues. Thanks for your patience.

#1 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 7,498
 Where has somtam2000 been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Google+   Instagram   Pinterest 

Posted by somtam2000 on 4/1/2010 at 10:54 admin

I'm going to lock this thread off and remove the other posts (sorry Bedu, Pablot, SusanneVientiane and hasherjoe34) -- because the intention of the above is to act as a general warning regarding any post of TF about Ha Long Bay tours. Plus if it turns into another discussion thread on this topic it will just fill with fake posts again!

#2 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 7,498
 Where has somtam2000 been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Google+   Instagram   Pinterest 

This discussion has been locked by a moderator.