Flag of Vietnam

Vietnam forum

Sinh Cafe -> Sinh Tourist? (or other travel agent recommendation)

• smash

Joined Travelfish
    21st June, 2009

hey all

I'm looking at booking a overnight trip from Saigon to Phnom Penh via the Mekong.

Sinh Tourist has one at USD35 that looks ok (http://www.thesinhtourist.vn/TourDetails_User.aspx?MaTour=%20VEctTTJQUC0wMQ==&LangID=en&MaTram=TUs=).

Has the Sinh Cafe changed its name recently to Sinh Tourist? We want to arrange this before we get to Vietnam so we're not wasting our short/precious time in travel agencies so just looking for somewhere reliable to book before we go.

Cheers,
    Ash

#1 Posted: 5/1/2010 - 11:01

• Advertisement

• busylizzy

Joined Travelfish
    31st December, 2007
    Location New Zealand
    Total reviews: 20
    Places visited:
    At least 107

Hi Smash,

Yes Sinh Cafe recently re-branded to Sinh Tourist. This was to move away from all the Sinh Cafe copycats. Their old website now redirects to a new one.

You may want to reconsider booking the trip ahead of time as it ties you down a bit much. We did an (unplanned) Easy Rider motorbike trip, then ended up extending it to take us through the Mekong Delta to Chau Doc. From Chau Doc, we took a boat up to Phnom Penh - which was much better than a bus, in my opinion (Cost = $21PP). The motorbike trip ended up being a highlight for us. Personally, I'm glad we didn't pre-book anything as it allows maximum flexibility to change your plans. Also - it's very easy to book through the agencies once you are here. I often make these bookings just a day or two ahead of time, and it's been very quick and easy.

Having said all of that, you might be on limited time or have your own reasons for needing to prebook. I can't get the link to work right now (crap connection!) - but that is definitely the correct website (ie for Sinh Tourist aka Sinh Cafe).

Hope this is vaguely helpful!
    Lisa

#2 Posted: 5/1/2010 - 18:55

• somtam2000

admin
    Click here to learn more about somtam2000
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Total reviews: 24
    Places visited:
    At least 113

Yeah Sinh Cafe has changed its name -- as they say on the new site:

"To mark the growth of a coffee house organizing travel to become a professional travel agent, we decided to change its trademark and logo from Sinh Cafe to TheSinhTourist. Please visit new Website http://www.thesinhtourist.vn"

I can't get the page you mention to load, so can't comment on the specific trip, $35 is pretty good value -- would certainly cost you more to do solo -- but it is an easy trip. For eg bus Saigon to Can Tho, overnight there, see the floating markets in the morning then midday bus to Chau Doc, overnight there and then speedboat to Phnom Penh the following morning -- but, doing it solo would cost more than $35.

#3 Posted: 5/1/2010 - 18:59

• grasshopper-

Joined Travelfish
    30th September, 2009

I've heard only bad things about Sinh Travel but have no personal experience. Just ask around

#4 Posted: 6/1/2010 - 02:00

• smash

Joined Travelfish
    21st June, 2009

thanks guys

Lizzy - with only 15 nights from touch down in Hanoi to take off from Siem Reap we're thinking it will work in our favor to organise things prior to leaving as we'll otherwise waste time shopping around for things and to be honest I'm not one for nitpicking over $5 here and there for pretty much exactly the same product.. but thanks for the input - originally we had about six/seven weeks for this part of the trip in which case we were going to leave it 'free format'.

#5 Posted: 6/1/2010 - 02:43

• thesinhtour-
    ist

Joined Travelfish
    20th March, 2010

Posted from within Vietnam.

To Smash:

In my opinion, you can take 4 days packeage tour Sai Gon - Phnom Penh - Siem Reap - Sai Gon.
    They got Vietnamese tour leader and two Cambodian tour guides. All speak English. Especially, Mr David, the tour guide in Siem Reap is excellent with knowledge about Angkor and service from the heart.
    You can mail to him: angkorguide@yahoo.com

The price is 174USD/pax. (Plus 24USD for Cambodian visa, getting at Bavet border. 46 USD for reentry visa to VietNam. No photo is required)
    Tour departs every Thursday
    If you decide to go to Bangkok from Siem Reap (Thesinhtourist offers the daily bus), you can stop the tour at the 4th day. So dont have to get reentry visa to Vietnam.

If you decide to go to Phnom penh via mekong delta. I think you should take mekong delat 3 days 2 nights exit to Phnom Penh. From Phnom Penh you can join package tour.

Tom Lee

#6 Posted: 20/3/2010 - 08:45

• thesinhtour-
    ist

Joined Travelfish
    20th March, 2010

Posted from within Vietnam.

To Smash:

You will stay in 3 star hotel
    Phnom Penh: Khmeroyal hotel, opposite 4 directions river (TonLe Sap and Mekong), beside the Royal palace

Siem Reap: TheSinhTourist hotel Siem Reap, opposite National museum, about 8 km from Angkor area.

Tom Lee

#7 Posted: 20/3/2010 - 08:49

• A1G2

Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2011

Hi Smash,, hope your trip went ok for u,,So how did u go, did u end up using Sinh Tourist,, and if so did u book online while travling around, Thanks looking forward to your reply

#8 Posted: 28/1/2011 - 15:26

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Sinh cafe....Sinh travel ... By foieslinger on 30 Jan 2010 4 2781 30 Jan 2010
Another Halong Bay question... Trekking Travel or Sinh Cafe (South Pacific) ... By nzchanty on 5 Mar 2008 13 8648 7 Jan 2010
Sinh Cafe Transport ... By David_Flick on 3 Jan 2012 11 9530 15 May 2014
Bank transfer-Sinh Cafe ... By val1212 on 4 Feb 2009 4 2807 20 Mar 2010
REAL Sinh Cafe website??!! ... By Noggins on 4 Jun 2009 13 31737 4 Aug 2012
WARNING: Faked Sinh Cafe Ha Noi ... By Nax on 21 Jan 2009 9 11558 10 Jun 2009
Sinh Cafe Tour HCH - PP via Mekong Delta ... By Sunbird2 on 11 Mar 2007 2 3825 13 Mar 2007
Sinh Tourist Mui Ne ... By NYTim on 9 Oct 2012 1 1921 21 Oct 2012
Suspicious reply from purported real Sinh Cafe ... By bluejay on 3 Oct 2009 10 6635 27 Jan 2011
Real Sinh Cafe = Real Bad and Terrible service! ... By doraemon on 21 Nov 2008 10 7974 13 May 2011