Flag of Vietnam

Vietnam forum

Motorbikes as luggage on train

• Binder

Joined Travelfish
    5th January, 2010

I'm planning on taking a motorbike trip from Saigon to Danang. Then from Danang take the train back to Saigon.

Since I will be renting the motorbike I would have to bring the motorbike back on the train. Anyone know if this would be a problem and should I book the train ahead of time? I'm planning on leaving Danang the first week of February.

#1 Posted: 6/1/2010 - 01:43

• Advertisement

• grasshopper-

Joined Travelfish
    30th September, 2009

I would advise going to the train and asking or having a guest house call for you. I did see several mototbikes on some of our minibuses...

#2 Posted: 6/1/2010 - 02:02

• Viliam

Joined Travelfish
    1st January, 2010

Posted from within Vietnam.

Hi,

Shouldnt be a problem. If its a smaller one you might even be able to take it with you on a bus, rendering a cheaper ticket.
    Be prepared to wait one day to retrieve the bike though as its not always on the same train as yourself.

And yes, booking the train ticket atleast one day ahead is advised. Mind that the luggage office might close earlier then the trainstation too, (around 4 oclock i think) so that you dont leave it to long in the afternoon to get your ticket.

Safe trip, its a beautiful one!

#3 Posted: 6/1/2010 - 20:30

• somtam2000

admin
    Click here to learn more about somtam2000
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Total reviews: 24
    Places visited:
    At least 113

You can certainly transport your bike by train, but I remember reading somewhere that the bike is shipped on a different train to the passenger one -- ie there is one train for freight and another for passengers. I'm not sure if that is the case on all the routes though.

#4 Posted: 7/1/2010 - 12:36

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Luggage storage in Thailands train stations ... By Robee3 on 7 Jul 2013 6 1791 8 Jul 2013
LOCKABLE LUGGAGE FACILITY - NEAR TRAIN STATION BANGKOK ... By paulascott on 20 Oct 2006 3 6760 21 Oct 2006