Flag of Vietnam

Vietnam forum

Short Changed by HSBC

• foieslinger

Joined Travelfish
    11th November, 2009

Posted from within Vietnam.

has anyone had any recent issues with HSBC ATM machines in Saigon?? The one on Bui Vien Street shorted me $800,000 dong yesterday.

EIGHT HUNDRED THOUSAND !!! ($42 usd)

#1 Posted: 1/2/2010 - 13:59

• Advertisement

• KazAussie

Joined Travelfish
    18th July, 2009

Nope, never had a problem with any of the ATMs in Vietnam, did you try contacting HSBC?

#2 Posted: 1/2/2010 - 15:53

• B_Dempsey

Joined Travelfish
    3rd January, 2013

Posted from within Vietnam.

HSBC Vietnam, seems quite able to easily thieve money from its retail customers. The “world’s local bank” stole money from me in Saigon by means of its fraudulent service and misinformation to me. I think the Vietnamese banking sector is pretty atrocious even compared to the banking sectors in many other parts of the world.

#3 Posted: 3/1/2013 - 13:59

• exacto

Joined Travelfish
    12th February, 2006
    Location United States
    Total reviews: 47
    Places visited:
    At least 98

i'd second Kaz's advice above to contact the bank directly. double check your receipt as well as the amount that was debited from your account to make sure the shortage was what you fear first and also check to see what exchange rate was used. in all the times i've used ATM's overseas, i've always had exactly the amount come out that was supposed to come out, which is what makes this all the more odd. anyway, maybe you aren't the only one who had trouble with this particularly location and hopefully the bank can help. sorry for your loss. regards.

#4 Posted: 3/1/2013 - 19:36

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.