Flag of Vietnam

Vietnam forum

What to do / where to stay for 1 week in northern Vietnam in September

• JesseJames12

Joined Travelfish
    6th February, 2010

I plan to spend the second week of September in north / north central Vietnam flying in and out of Hanoi.

I would like to hit 2 or 3 destinations, but cant decide where to go. The trip is the second half of my honeymoon, the first half will be spent on the beach in indonesia.

The idea is to get out of the city for some adventure and culture, but still find some nice places to crash at night (aka. to keep the fiance happy and be romantic).

Any suggestions of where to go and where to stay would be very helpful.

#1 Posted: 23/2/2010 - 22:37

• Advertisement

• daawgon

Joined Travelfish
    17th April, 2007
    Total reviews: 2

Sapa (overnight train) for 2 days, Hanoi for 2 days and Hoi An (fly via Danang) for 3 days

#2 Posted: 24/2/2010 - 07:23

• travel2viet-
    nam2010

Joined Travelfish
    24th February, 2010

Posted from within Vietnam.

Yes, i advise you to travel to Halong bay,having one romantic night on the junk in the middle of the bay. Then you would travel to the Northwest to visit Sapa or driving to the North East for more adventure in 4 - 5 days

#3 Posted: 24/2/2010 - 22:57

• JesseJames12

Joined Travelfish
    6th February, 2010

Daawgon, Thank you very much.

I was thinking I had to do Halong Bay, you dont think so? Also, from your experience, given that our trip is in september, do you think we will be able to avoid the rain if we stay in the north? hows about in Hoi An?

My fiance does not want to spend the week in vietnam if it is likely to be raining all the time. What are you thoughts on the weather in September? I ask because I have gotten lots of conflicting information with regards to rain in the north in September.

#4 Posted: 24/2/2010 - 23:33

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
1 week in Cambodia vs 3rd week in Northern Vietnam? ... By karuthless on 9 Jun 2011 5 2967 10 Jun 2011
1 Week in September: Vietnam or Cambodia? ... By JesseJames12 on 6 Feb 2010 7 2797 20 Feb 2010