Flag of Vietnam

Vietnam forum

Anyone stayed in/heard of the Golden Land Hotel in Hanoi

• Gabrielah

Joined Travelfish
    26th February, 2010

I found out about it via trip advisor, and it has nearly perfect reviews. I haven't read about it anywhere else though, so I'm a bit wary.

A friend recommended the Camellia hotel Hanoi, but I can afford something a bit nicer.

(Golden Land Hotel is in the same area as Camellia hotel Hanoi.)

If anyone knows anything about this spot, let me know!

Thanks!

#1 Posted: 27/2/2010 - 09:36

• Advertisement

• daawgon

Joined Travelfish
    17th April, 2007
    Total reviews: 2

I have stayed at about 8 or 10 small hotels in Hanoi , and this is my price range. No, I never heard of this one, but you should not go by just the reviews on TA. If I were you, I would get the names of half a dozen good ones, and then when you arrive go on a tour and select the one you like. Others that I like in this price range are the Gia Thinh on Hang Bac at $30., Amazing Hotel on Hang Phen for $25. and my favorite is the Especen Hotel on Tho Xuong for $25. The Sunshine Palace on Ma May St. is brand new (same group as Gia Thinh) - all of the Sunshine hotels have an in-room computer, are well-run 3* places - see here:
    http://www.hanoisunshinehotel.com/checkav.htm

(no shortage of good rooms in Hanoi - good luck)

#2 Posted: 27/2/2010 - 12:47

• Gabrielah

Joined Travelfish
    26th February, 2010

Thanks so very much for all of this info!

I'm thinking of booking into the Sunshine Palace for the first night (I get in quite late) and then seeing how I go from there. Whatever I do, I really appreciate your advice!

#3 Posted: 5/3/2010 - 15:29

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Has anyone stayed at the Jasper Hotel in Hanoi? ... By gypsybell on 19 Nov 2007 7 2480 7 Dec 2007
Golden Sun Hotel II, Hanoi ... By jessebear on 20 Jan 2010 0 1146 20 Jan 2010
Wonder Land Internet Vang VIeng - have you heard of I have c harges on my Visa.. ... By tlm44 on 16 Jan 2009 0 1593 16 Jan 2009
Ever heard of this hotel...good location 4 sightseeing? ... By abiyogini on 17 Mar 2006 3 1869 18 Mar 2006
Golden Sea Hotel Danang ... By goldensea on 9 Nov 2012 0 973 9 Nov 2012