Flag of Vietnam

Vietnam forum

Leaving Luggage for a day trip

• Doniwarner

Joined Travelfish
    12th February, 2010

I'm wondering how safe it will be to leave my luggage in my room while I day trip in the Mekong? I'll be staying in moderate lodging (not high end and not dorm style). I plan on staying the night and exploring during the day - is it safe or even common to leave my larger pack at the hotel? I'm traveling with medical supplies and donations for an orphanage and don't want to drag them around all day long if I can avoid it. Of course I will take my valuable items with me but I don't want to lose a pack full of medical supplies either. Any guidance would be appreciated.

#1 Posted: 8/3/2010 - 19:44

• Advertisement

• daawgon

Joined Travelfish
    17th April, 2007
    Total reviews: 2

I've done 3 trips to Vietnam, stay in the same moderate rate hotels, and have never had the slightest problem. Last trip in Nov (in Dalat) I had purchased a painting worth quite a bit, and had the desk clerk lock it up for me. People taking short trips away from their hotel (to places like Sapa) routinely leave their bags/packs at their Hanoi hotel - no problem leaving them for several days. You just have to use your good judgment and size up those you can trust. I like the small guesthouses/hotels and the smaller the place the less of a problem - in my opinion.

#2 Posted: 9/3/2010 - 13:24

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.