Flag of Vietnam

Vietnam forum

Hanoi Halong Bay Train

• BobG

Joined Travelfish
    10th March, 2010

Hi Read lots of reports on travel to Halong bay by minibus, travel times being about 3 hours on perhaps a cramped minibus. Understand from man in seat 61 that trains from Hanoi to Haiphong take about two hours. My question are, has anybody tried this way, how easy is it to book a day cruise arounf Halong Bay, which company would you recommend. Unfortunately we are limited to a day trip only. Many thanks in advance

#1 Posted: 10/3/2010 - 19:40

• Advertisement

• daawgon

Joined Travelfish
    17th April, 2007
    Total reviews: 2

I've taken the train to Haiphong and it's pretty good - they put tourists in the deluxe double decker car. The problem is that most of the cruises leave from Halong City (not Haiphong). I went to Cat Ba, and was scammed on the jetboat trip, and ended up in Cat Ba Town - hated that place!

A friend of mine took a 1-day tour from Hanoi and said it was pretty good (minivan). I think this is the way to do it for a 1-day trip.

Getting from Haiphong to Halong City involves either a bus or a ferry - by the time you did all this it would probably be too late.

#2 Posted: 11/3/2010 - 02:44

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Hanoi-Halong Bay Train By Dongrim Transport ... By wombatfuz on 16 Apr 2010 2 2455 16 Apr 2010