Flag of Vietnam additions

Vietnam additions forum

Hanoi kid Tour program thing??

• Denny

Joined Travelfish
    27th October, 2006

Hi i read in the other stupid forum, from a book orientated source, which i will never go to again , because it is negative to new travellers.
    WHEW !!! i got that off my chest..... I have been in bad situations traveling in Central America, and researching, Thailand, Vietnam, Cambodia, im almost scared to go there... S.E. Asia sounds so good to me...Safer than where i have visited, Im going on a whim , for three months Nov 29,
    I know in Bangkok i will be ripped off $2 from the airport taxi, so what?
    My hotel will rip me off another $2, But in the morning i know the person who gives me my first bowl of Pho will get an extra $2 from me !!
    Why do people worry so much about such small things?
    I am generous but not stupid. I will be burned there for a day , but so what. It has happened every time, i expect it and learn from it.
    To lose 10 or so in your first day is good.

Ok...What i really had to say..There are kids in Hanoi that will tour you around on buses to see sights. I heard it was real good for you and for them, hanoikid@yahoo.com,,, But it comes back no good? Anyone know of this??

I will be there Dec 15,
    God 34 More #%&!*$ sleeps till i get to Bankok
    Cheers Dennis

#1 Posted: 27/10/2006 - 14:59

• Advertisement

• somtam2000

admin
    Click here to learn more about somtam2000
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Total reviews: 24
    Places visited:
    At least 113

Hi Dennis,

Welcome to Travelfish!

Thorntree giving you a a hard time huh ;-)

No I've not heard about the kids showing people around in Hanoi -- sounds interesting -- we've got a researcher heading back to Hanoi shortly, so I'll get them to see what they can find out, if you find out anything more about it, please let me know.

#2 Posted: 27/10/2006 - 19:09

• Denny

Joined Travelfish
    27th October, 2006

Hey thorntree is not so bad, a tad negative.but ok, yours is managed better.
    This hanoi kids thing is for real, but perhaps something has happenened to what they were doing, i talked to a couple in their 50's here in Vancouver and they did an outing with them, about 6 months ago, loved it and loved them, they said it was so nice to be shown around town with such nice people, they bought them lunch ,and cokes along the way, but they said it was not enough, they were that helpfull.
    Anyway.. 32 more sleeps
    then im at least in warmer rain
    Cheers Dennis

#3 Posted: 29/10/2006 - 15:35

• vtg

Joined Travelfish
    30th June, 2008

Posted from within Vietnam.

Hi , I would like to recommend you to VTG - Free Tour Guide in Hanoi

About VTG-Guide: We are group of students in Hanoi that will tour you around on buses to see sights. VTG-Guide offer FREE tour guide & assistant services in Ha Noi.

VTG Voluntary Tour Guide and Assitant (VTG-Guide) is one among few Vietnamese clubs in Hanoi and in Vietnam. VTG-Guide, as its name suggests, is the place where you can discover the Hanoi culture and Vietnam culture. Members of VTG-Guide can take part in various activities, all helpful and interesting, without any fee!

How to register?

Easy and simple! You can do one of these:

- Send an email to info@vietnameseteaching.com

- Call us at 0972369842 (Ms Ly) or 0934561187 (Ms Nhung)

#4 Posted: 30/6/2008 - 11:15

• Denny

Joined Travelfish
    27th October, 2006

Hey i have benn there and been back.
    No trouble getting around, everyperson there was helpfull
    So many young people, all friendly, thanks for your reply
    Off to Peru next week
    Saluitos
    Dennis

#5 Posted: 30/6/2008 - 11:48

• chrispyrolls

Click here to learn more about chrispyrolls
    Joined Travelfish
    2nd November, 2006
    Location United Kingdom
    Total reviews: 4

Hi,

Contact details:

General Leader: Nguyen Thi Mien (ms) +84 1266 141 412
    Head of Marketing board: Hoang Kieu Ngan (ms) +84 987 666 123
    Homepage: www.hanoikidsclub.org
    email: hanoikidsvn@gmail.com

I can recommend them after using them a couple of times, my parents have used them, and friends have used them ... their service is free of charge, and they will do either full or half day tours of Hanoi.

Contact them on the above to get more info

Have fun

#6 Posted: 4/6/2009 - 14:13

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.