Flag of Vietnam additions

Vietnam additions forum

Accomodation in Sapa

• paulclose

Joined Travelfish
    2nd January, 2011
    Total reviews: 5

My travel agent has given me a choice of either the Royal View Hotel or the Channuanne Guest House to say at in Sapa. Any comments from anybody who has been to Sapa? We are staying for 2 nights. TIA

#1 Posted: 2/1/2011 - 12:48

• Advertisement

• ggrkman

Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2011

Posted from within Vietnam.

I guess one hotel is as good as the other.. At this time of the year you should check if they have heating, almoast none of them do. In the end you'll end up buying fake north face windstopers and gloves just to keep you warm during the night. This time of the year it can really be cold with zero visibility. I was up there just a week ago, went back to hanoi the same day, sause ia couldn't see the hand in front of my face..

Hope you have better weather..

#2 Posted: 21/1/2011 - 20:34

• travellings-
    arah

TF writer
    Joined Travelfish
    23rd March, 2010
    Location Vietnam
    Total reviews: 11
    Places visited:
    At least 87

The weather's very variable - I was talking to someone who went at Christmas and had beautiful clear blue skies for 2 days. So it's the luck of the drawer.

I've been to Royal View Hotel - I thought it was quite decent for the price, although a bit scruffy around the edges. It's in a good location. It was $40 - 50 so if that's your budget it's a good bet, but of course there are plenty of cheaper options around. I've not heard of the other place you mention and can't find any online reference to it. Best to get some more details about that one I think before you make your decision.

#3 Posted: 22/1/2011 - 08:34

• paulclose

Joined Travelfish
    2nd January, 2011
    Total reviews: 5

Thanks for the replies. We are planning to be there in April, so hope the weather is better then!

#4 Posted: 23/1/2011 - 14:10

• travellings-
    arah

TF writer
    Joined Travelfish
    23rd March, 2010
    Location Vietnam
    Total reviews: 11
    Places visited:
    At least 87

It will certainly be a bit warmer in April - though best take a light jumper as it can still get cool in the evenings.

#5 Posted: 23/1/2011 - 17:28

• Trev48

Joined Travelfish
    13th March, 2011

Has anyone done homestays in Sapa we will be there in late March 2012 and have asked to do homestays. Our tour company AsiaViewTravel have us booked into two separate home stays in Sapa.

thanks
    Trev48

#6 Posted: 26/3/2011 - 08:10

• xinchau

Joined Travelfish
    11th May, 2011

Definitely the Cat Cat View - clean rooms, great staff ..

#7 Posted: 11/5/2011 - 12:56

• daawgon

Joined Travelfish
    17th April, 2007
    Total reviews: 2

"Definitely the Cat Cat View - clean rooms, great staff .." - yes, the staff is great, but not terribly clean! I had one of the cheaper rooms last year - it came complete with roaches!

The Anh Dao Hotel on the main street doesn't have as good a view, but it's cheaper and cleaner, and the restaurant downstairs is awesome! My room also had a balcony and fireplace that the CC View did not have.

#8 Posted: 15/5/2011 - 01:32

• travworld

Joined Travelfish
    9th July, 2007
    Location United States
    Total reviews: 2

If you can teach a bit of English there is a place there called Sapa Ochau look on YouTube , if you volunteer teach there , is a hotel that will give you a room for 5.00 usd per night although its almost the last hotel going south out of town towards the Hmong villages , but really nice especially the view its Nyuc something ? cash only...or check out www.sapaochau.org ,they even do trek's now..i as there a week, and if coming from Hanoi to Locai the travel agents buy up all the sleeper cars so you have to buy through them so buy your ticket at least 2 weeks before and buy rndtrip tickets, Locai to Sapa is 50,000 vnd per person by mini bus each way and no reservation needed plenty of mini bus's meet the trains.

#9 Posted: 16/9/2011 - 23:08

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.