Flag of Vietnam additions

Vietnam additions forum

Travelling with cash in Vietnam

• alfredsvideo

Joined Travelfish
    13th April, 2011

Hi. Going on tour of Dalat, Lake Lak, Buon Me Thout and Doc Lech beach. Tour starts and finishes in Nha Trang . The tour is already paid for. I am taking Passport and other travel documents, plus1 million VND in a flat leather pouch strapped securely to, and actually touching, my stomach. It is very comfortable. I am planning to buy gifts etc., at our final Nha Trang destination, before returning home to Australia. Any suggestions, regarding tour and security arrangements would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Alf.

#1 Posted: 15/5/2011 - 08:07

• Advertisement

• travellings-
    arah

TF writer
    Joined Travelfish
    23rd March, 2010
    Location Vietnam
    Total reviews: 11

Posted from within Vietnam.

So I assume all of your accommodation, food, entry fees etc. are all paid for? And you're not expecting to spend any money on the journey until you get to Nha Trang ? I only ask because 1m dong isn't much money, but is enough to get you drinks and a few souvenirs on your trip if that's all you're after. There are ATMs in Dalat and Nha Trang at least, so if you have a card with you you're covered anyway. I'm not sure what other suggestions you're after?

#2 Posted: 15/5/2011 - 08:52

• alfredsvideo

Joined Travelfish
    13th April, 2011

Thanks for reply Sarah. Yes, everything is paid for. I million VND is for presents, souvenirs, etc. Looks as though my wife can't expect much for a present then. Good job she's not into jewelry, etc. She's nearly 80 and has always been the artistic type. She will treasure anything in the handicraft department. I assume that there will be plenty of that. Thanks again. Have a great day. Alf.

#3 Posted: 15/5/2011 - 09:46

• busylizzy

Joined Travelfish
    31st December, 2007
    Location New Zealand
    Total reviews: 20
    Places visited:
    At least 107

If everything is paid for, you won't need much cash I guess. But personally, I would prefer to have more on me 'just in case'. Even if you kept some in USD or similar.

#4 Posted: 15/5/2011 - 11:22

• alfredsvideo

Joined Travelfish
    13th April, 2011

Thanks Busylizzy. Travelling with VND only. Cheers, Alf.

#5 Posted: 15/5/2011 - 13:41

• travellings-
    arah

TF writer
    Joined Travelfish
    23rd March, 2010
    Location Vietnam
    Total reviews: 11

1 million will get your wife some decent presents in the handicrafts arena don't worry! Nha Trang has plenty on offer but you might be able to pick up some more interesting pieces on your route - and they'll have more of a story! As you're on an organised tour, sensibly carrying your valuables in a money belt, you don't need to worry about that either. Enjoy!

#6 Posted: 15/5/2011 - 17:42

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
What is the best way to carry and spend my cash when travelling ... By chelsealear on 26 Sep 2012 3 1948 27 Sep 2012