Photo: Canals of Ca Mau, Mekong Delta.

Vietnam additions forum

Joma Bakery Cafe

Posted by timrann on 7/11/2011 at 01:14

Posted from within Vietnam.

Wanted to recommend adding Joma Bakery Cafe (22 Ly Quoc Su and 54 To Ngoc Van) to cafes in Hanoi. We've been in Laos in various forms since 1994 - a staple in Vietntiane and Luang Prabang. Pretty new to the Vietnam scene, but equally as refreshing an experience!

Great arabica fair trade organic coffee (hard to find in Hanoi), delicious baked goods, and a strong social mission (partially owned by Hagar International to support victims of extreme human rights abuses and donates 2% of sales revenue annually to local non-profits).

#1 timrann has been a member since 28/2/2008. Posts: 1

Posted by Sampan on 8/11/2011 at 03:08

Also serves up a smashing granola-fruit-yoghurt brekkie...:)

#2 Sampan has been a member since 3/9/2009. Posts: 110

Posted by demathias on 23/4/2012 at 20:13

We have been to the Vientiane and Luang Prabang branch.
The coffee is great. Good brewed coffee is hard to find (but if you really search well, it is everywhere).
The food is not our thing. They try to copy Western-style menu and it looks like they need some more practice.
We had Lunch and Breakfast. (want to check the place twice before reviewing)
Expensive and to be honest not that great.
The best food is still local food, but after a while, a good western dish can reload your batteries! My next time will be not in Joma cafe though.

#3 demathias has been a member since 23/4/2012. Posts: 1

Posted by dene_aus on 23/4/2012 at 21:03

I didnt mind Joma, it's pretty standary bakery chain like you would expect back home (good but nothing special). Was a nice change when i arrived in LP after spending a few weeks in northern Laos.

#4 dene_aus has been a member since 3/5/2010. Posts: 16

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.