Photo: Canals of Ca Mau, Mekong Delta.

Vietnam additions forum

Vietnam weather in July 2012

Posted by bgrant on 20/12/2011 at 15:28

Hi,

I'm travelling to Vietnam in July, if i go to Halong Bay will the visibility be poor or would it be worth it anyway? Can anyone sugggest an itenary if we want to avoid the monsoon weather. Any help would be appreciated. :)

#1 bgrant has been a member since 18/12/2011. Posts: 1

Posted by travellingsarah on 24/12/2011 at 14:17 TF writer

It's impossible to tell what the visibility will be like - however, I last went in late July / early August and the weather wasn't great but it was worth it anyway. Others I know have been at that time and the visibility's been great. Go anyway! Although in theory the north has rainy season at that time, it's very intermittent so should not disrupt your travel plans. It's rainier in the south but is unlikely to be raining all day, every day so again, should not disrupt plans. My advice would be to keep your travel plans flexible and if you get somewhere and the weather's not good, move on.

#2 travellingsarah has been a member since 23/3/2010. Location: Vietnam. Posts: 679
 Where has travellingsarah been?   Website 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.