Flag of Vietnam additions

Vietnam additions forum

Book tours before or after arrival

• travellingc-
    dn

Joined Travelfish
    5th February, 2012

Hello -
    I'm bound for Hanoi (Ha Tay) in two weeks for three weeks time where I'll be working a regular 8-5, M-F workweek and will have two weekends for travel in the north to myself.

I'm hoping to spend time in Ha Long Bay and Sapa over those two weekends. Do you suggest I book my tours/travel/accommodation prior to my arrival in Vietnam or would I get a more cost-effective option by coordinating upon my arrival?

Many thanks for your insight, in advance!

d

#1 Posted: 5/2/2012 - 01:10

• Advertisement

• eastwest

Joined Travelfish
    17th December, 2009

I'd book after arrival. Most likely you have some co-workers who can direct you to a reliable agent.
    The places you mentioned are serviced by all travel agents so it shouldn't be a problem to find a cheap one. In general booking ahead would not give you more security or a better price.

#2 Posted: 14/3/2012 - 06:53

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Book now or wait until arrival? ... By Jamois on 22 Feb 2012 9 7572 26 Feb 2012