Flag of Vietnam additions

Vietnam additions forum

Da Nang Beach House: at home in central Viet Nam

• sonychiba

Joined Travelfish
    9th April, 2012

Posted from within Vietnam.

Make Da Nang your base camp for visiting central Vietnam, between historical cities of Hue and Hoi An.
    Welcome in our modern and comfortable house, located in a quiet area, 400 m from China beach !
    Chill out around the swimming pool, on the beautiful white sand of the beach, or ask us for advice on many activities, sightseeing and day trip around Da Nang (Monkey Mountain, Hoi An, My Son sanctuary ...
    More info & photos on our blog: danangbeachhouse.wordpress.com

#1 Posted: 9/4/2012 - 23:15

• Advertisement

• Pathbiker

Joined Travelfish
    17th April, 2012

Please do not use the sensitive term "China Beach" as it is prohibited by local authorities. Instead, you can write " Non Nuoc Beach"; "My Khe Beach"...

#2 Posted: 17/4/2012 - 20:27

• caseyprich

Joined Travelfish
    3rd March, 2010
    Location China
    Total reviews: 53
    Places visited:
    At least 48

I use China Beach, not to offend anyone, just because people know what I'm talking about then . . . same goes for Saigon vs. Ho Chi Minh. If you're giving this advice because it is a local business (sounds like an advert) then I can see where you are coming from . . . but still, how many people know where Non Nuoc Beach is?

Something similar happened in Shanghai recently when a British owned pizza chain was fined heavily for using the term "French Concession" in their advertising for their location. If they had said "Former French Concession" it would have been okay. Reminder of a colonial past not appreciated by the authorities.

Obviously, there is the faint whiff of authoritarianism when a government prohibits certain ways of refering to a location.

#3 Posted: 17/4/2012 - 21:37

• sonychiba

Joined Travelfish
    9th April, 2012

Hi Pathbiker,
    Thanks for this very useful advice! However, since the terms "China" and "beach" are not illegal (even in Viet Nam), I think I can keep calling places the way I want.
    By the way, are you part of the local authorities?

#4 Posted: 18/4/2012 - 05:13

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Ao Nang Garden Bungalows, Ao Nang Beach, Krabi ... By aonanggarden on 10 Sep 2009 0 4845 10 Sep 2009
Mogambo Guest House, Central Saigon ... By RandaN on 23 Jan 2007 0 5381 23 Jan 2007
Great Guest House Mae Salong...Little Home ... By jmartin on 13 Oct 2008 4 5764 25 Nov 2011
Bangkok: Great guesthouse near KSR "at Home guest house" ... By miranda456 on 26 Feb 2007 1 6761 14 Apr 2007
Guest House in Ao Nang ... By GLH on 16 Sep 2009 0 2726 16 Sep 2009