Vietnam additions forum

Welcome to Tuy Hoa, Phu Yen

• tuyhoabob

Joined Travelfish
    15th December, 2013
    Places visited:
    At least 2

Posted from within Vietnam.

We have been in business for 4 years but upgraded to a budget hostel/dorm last year. Bob's Cafe American/Hostel, although just a small place, strives to offer budget travelers as much comfort and service as a small 'joint' can provide.
    Located on a small quiet street, in a quiet city, halfway between Qui Nhon and Nha Trang, we are:

A small local cafe with a reasonable - $6 a night - dorm room. The room sleeps 4 on comfortable mattresses with clean linen, towels provided.
    FREE western style breakfast (for guests) w/coffee or tea and juice, fruit plates
    A 5 minute walk to the beach/FREE WIFI
    A short walk to a small local market, near a well stocked store and around the corner from a good bike repair shop
    Have some of the best pizza, burgers and other western food outside of Saigon (at reasonable prices)
    Clean shared bathroom with ample hot water
    Laundry service available on the cheap
    Cheap motorbike rental (maintained to western standards)
    Maps, directions to places serving good Vietnamese food, tourist information (we can call ahead to places we partner with for the next stop on your trip)
    Ticket assistance for flights, bus and train - local tours arranged

If you need something else, chances are we can arrange it given some time.

Bob and Phuong

#1 Posted: 15/12/2013 - 18:31

• Advertisement

• DLuek

TF writer
    Joined Travelfish
    19th June, 2008
    Location Thailand
    Total reviews: 14

I spent a couple of weeks in Tuy Hoa back in 2009 and found it to be a very pleasant small seaside city. I'll never forget the "country style" southern Vietnamese food at Thuon Thao -- must have gone there 10 times for banh xeo, banh bao and a bunch of other stuff that I can't now remember. Also had a great time exploring the coast and that mountain in the city with the ancient Champa ruin. I was lucky to be shown around by locals but it might be good if you could offer some sort of tour service? It struck me as a tough place to visit without Vietnamese language skills (I was traveling with a Vietnamese speaker whose originally from Tuy Hoa), so it's good to hear that a hostel catering to foreigners has opened.

#2 Posted: 15/12/2013 - 20:53

• tuyhoabob

Joined Travelfish
    15th December, 2013
    Places visited:
    At least 2

Posted from within Vietnam.

The problem with offering a 'tour service' is that there aren't enough tourists to support it now, maybe in the future. We do give people visiting here as much information as we have access to. Our maps are free except the ones we have to buy and we sell them at the same price we pay.

There are much nicer and much cheaper good places to eat than where you did. We will send or take people to them - they are also marked on our map and we have business cards to give out.

We try to do as much as we can to help tourists as well as promote tourism in the area so, expansion will happen as it's needed.

Bob

#3 Posted: 15/12/2013 - 21:09

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.