Flag of Vietnam additions

Vietnam additions forum

Thuys House - Backpacker Guesthouse on Phu Quoc Island

• Thuyshouse

Joined Travelfish
    24th February, 2014

Posted from within Vietnam.

Dear Ladies and Gentlemen,

I run a small but fine restaurant and backpacker guesthouse on Phu Quoc Island. It's located on the southern end of the Ong Lang Beach close to the Chen Sea Resort. It is a quite and relaxing place and quite hidden. I have single and double rooms on the beach and I offer community based home-stay with the local people. The prices are from 5-10$/night. The rooms are simple but comfortable and very close to the beach. I offer fresh sea-food from the market and homemade pizza from my earth-oven. Everything for reasonable prices.

I recently signed in on Helpx.net to work with volunteers. Some volunteers from Germany, Vietnam, Spain and France built already an earth-oven and a compost. I have many more requests already. It is my vision to intensify my connection to the local people and to be able to offer more home stay's and I would like improve the sustainable use of resources to be an example and to inspire others. I want to build a fruit forest and a vegetable garden. Currently I am taking care of orphan children to give them the possibility to go to school and blind people of my local community. I have many more ideas and visions to improve community life and to introduce people to a sustainable way of thinking. Furthermore I am currently fighting with a lawyer against the government to protect Turtle Island and its amazing coral reef (a hotel shall be build there, but they are going to destroy big parts of the reef).

I want to offer not only rooms in a guesthouse on a natural site to fully relax from artificial noise and stress, I want to offer a part of Vietnamese culture, contact to local people and an exchange of ideas and stories. I want people to have a story to tell when they are coming back home.

Therefore I am looking forward to be reviewed and to share my stories with you.

Kind regards,

Thuy Ngoc Le

P.S.: Some volunteers made a homepage for me:

http://thuyshouseresort.wix.com/thuy-ngoc-le

#1 Posted: 25/2/2014 - 23:52

• Advertisement

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Bamboo - new guesthouse on Phu Quoc Island ... By vungbaubay on 21 Jan 2010 1 5483 21 Jan 2010
Welcome to Mr.Peace backpacker's house ... By Peacebackpacker on 3 Aug 2014 0 344 3 Aug 2014
Anyone stayed at Thanh Quoc (Phu Quoc Island) ... By Roody82 on 4 Dec 2008 3 4053 5 Dec 2008
Cambodia Backpacker Guesthouse ... By cambodiabackpacker on 10 Sep 2010 2 1959 21 Sep 2010
Bangkok Guesthouse for the Lone Backpacker ... By Phiddy on 7 Dec 2011 12 1770 22 Dec 2011