Flag of Vietnam additions

Vietnam additions forum

International driving licence Vietnam Cambodia

  • ron67

    Joined Travelfish
    17th December, 2007
    Posts: 21

    Every time I go to Vietnam/Cambodia I get an Australian International Driving Licence. I have not got an Aust. Motorcycle Licence, only car. But the International Licence quotes, I can ride a Motorbike. Everytime I have hired a Motorbike in Vietnam or Cambodia, no one ever asks me for a Licence, or has the law changed where I've got to show one? So, do I need to spend money on a Licence?

    Any information appreciated.

    #1 Posted: 24/12/2007 - 07:07

  • Advertisement

  • somtam2000

    Click here to learn more about somtam2000
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Posts: 7372
    Total reviews: 24
    Places visited:
    At least 113

    Generally speaking, it's no problem riding without a license -- I've done it for years. However, problems can arise if you're involved in an accident and it's discovered you're not properly licensed -- and I'm sure it would invalidate your travel insurance.

    You're probably buying some peace of mind in having an international licence, but that's all.

    #2 Posted: 24/12/2007 - 08:35

  • charlotteru-

    Joined Travelfish
    1st November, 2007
    Posts: 7

    got i month in vietnam in feb,confused about sinh cafe tours, I have 2 adresses for them www.sinhcafe.com and www.sinhcafe.com.vn they have different licence numbers , although they look similar I am not sure which is the original one, i have been coresponding with the first one, seem very helpful and reasonable in price, can anyone help?

    #3 Posted: 26/12/2007 - 10:03

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Hotel Deals of the Day
best price guarantee

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
International Drivers Permit vs British Driving Licence... ... By kittenpooh on 28 Feb 2007 3 2497 3 Mar 2007