Photo: Canals of Ca Mau, Mekong Delta.

Vietnam additions forum

New Scenic Road from Nha Trang to Dalat

Posted by alohatiger on 7/5/2008 at 16:00

Posted from within Vietnam.

Beautiful road, wonderful scenery. The landscape shifts from Arizona highland desert to rocky outcroppings on windy, BMW roads. Good road for cycles up until the last 15 km before Dalat, where it turns into gravel and bumps (written 5/2008).

Barren, open roads await .. get there before the buses do! No major bus routes seen yet on this road ... haha ...

The road near Nha Trang is almost a paved village road where time slowly rides by ..

The road is approx. 120 km, takes about 3 hrs. in good weather, and has mostly good paved roads. The road opens up away from the cities of Nha Trang and Dalat.

PS: There was word of a landslide around the 1st of May, 2008, but it may be clear by now.

#1 alohatiger has been a member since 3/2/2008. Posts: 2

Posted by SBE on 7/5/2008 at 17:35

Could you provide some indication of where this new route is exactly...a road map reference or something as you say there are no bus routes going there.

#2 SBE has been a member since 14/4/2008. Location: Global Village. Posts: 2,004
 Where has SBE been? 

Posted by alohatiger on 7/5/2008 at 21:27

Posted from within Vietnam.

It goes NE out of Dalat or SW out of Nha Trang. Ask anyone in any of those towns and they would know. Shaves an extra 100 km off if it's open.

I don't have my map with me, and only the newest maps have the new road on them. Will have to get back to you on that one.

Ride it! You'll like it!

#3 alohatiger has been a member since 3/2/2008. Posts: 2

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.