Flag of Vietnam additions

Vietnam additions forum

PHU QUOC to HATIEN to MUI NE

• esti

Joined Travelfish
    25th June, 2008

Heading to Phu Quoc Jan/09 fr HCMC for 2 wks. What's the best way 2 Ha Tien? Is there a Hydrofoil or local boat & how long does it REALLY take? 4hrs?8?? Could fly to Rach Gia and bus it fr there tho the boat,if there is 1, is more direct with NO TOUTS!! Plus, where's a good mid-range place in Hon Chong or Hon Trem beach? Want 2 then head 2 Muine on my way 2 Nha Trang. Are there buses going there on the way 2 HCMC + how far is it?
    Would really appreciate any input/help. Thanks!

#1 Posted: 26/6/2008 - 04:28

• Advertisement

• somtam2000

admin
    Click here to learn more about somtam2000
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Total reviews: 24
    Places visited:
    At least 113

Hi Esti,

Lots of questions.

All passenger boats to Phu Quoc Island go from Rach Gia -- not Ha Tien. The latter are primarily fishing boat type affairs and are not recommended. In practise it's often difficult to get on one.

No touts in Rach Gia to speak of.

You'll need to transfer at Ho Chi Minh City for bus onwards to Mui Ne -- no through buses.

Hope that helps

#2 Posted: 26/6/2008 - 16:50

• esti

Joined Travelfish
    25th June, 2008

Thanks a heap!! I'll think of all my fellow Canadians freezing their tushes off while i'm relaxing on a beautiful beach with a cold 333 in my hand. You're the best!! Thanks again.

#3 Posted: 27/6/2008 - 07:22

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.